Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Manic Mom's 'Mazing Margaritas!

I guess I'm a little behind on the Cinco de Maya but here's the most awesome margarita recipe you could ever have. Feel free to share it on your blogs, tell all your friends this came from Manic Mom! Enjoy! (I did last night, and I plan on mixing some up tonight too!)

For one blended pitcher:

6 oz tequilla (and don't skimp on a cheap brand, and make sure it's gold color and not clear because I think they do make clear tequilla and it's yucky!)
2 oz triple sec
6 oz Minute Maid Limeade (the frozen can type--this equals 1/2 can)
1 tablespoon sugar (Very IMPORTANT!)
amaretto
ice
sliced lime for garnish

Mix tequilla, triple sec, Limeade and put into blender filled with ice. Add 1 tablespoon sugar. Blend until margarita-worthy consistency. Pour into glasses, add lime for garnish, and here's the top secret grand-finale addition:
pour a healthy shot of amaretto onto the top of the margarita.

One pitcher makes about four margaritas.

Have fun! And remember, tips #46 and #47 from Manic Mom: If partaking in these enjoyable libations, make sure to drink responsibly, and that does not mean drink until you pass out, or for those boy readers of Manic Mom (DD-I'm talking to you baby!): Don't drink so much that you think a chick who looks like a two at ten, suddenly becomes a ten at two!

Carrumba! (No idea what that means, but it sounds like the most logical Mexican/Spanish saying I know that conjures up "excitement," "enjoy," "go nuts," "have fun!")

3 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. your margarita recipe sounds delish - i go the lazy route and get the mix and put it on the rocks since my blender sucks. but the amaretto is different for me, we usually always use gran gala or grand marnier. yes, the philosophy stuff rocks - it's tempting not to eat it.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

(LOL!!) I love it.. 10 at 2...

;)

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

This is my absolute favorite margarita. SO freakin' good. ~drool~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home