Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, May 09, 2005

How Many Leaves Does One Get?

...Because it's Monday, and I'm turning over another!

Yep, I was so sick of the depression last week, I have decided THIS is going to be THE week! I have written down a lengthy list-of-things-to-do, with Ajers help yesterday, and this a.m., when he woke at 6:30, he came into my room and saw that I had already showered.

He said, "Mom, you weren't supposed to take your shower until 7:00!" So, see, already, I'm ahead of schedule! I even made him scrambled eggs this a.m. and helped him with some homework. It was some special time, I tell you!

So, this new leaf went power walking this a.m. with hand weights, and I've got my list of things to do today. Since Ajers helped me with the list, he said I needed to include some 'rest' time, God love him!

Things I'm going to work on to control:
My upper arms need some shaping.

My feet need some attention.

The lines around and under my eyes (big thanks to L for my Mom's Day gift of Loreal eye lines decrease cream -- such a good friend--she knows I would shudder at the thought of spending $17 for eye cream so she goes and buys me some to start the ball rolling!)

I am going to face each morning like I am waking up and getting ready to go to a real job, because that is what I'm doing, I'm working. I'm going to make myself get up, get my ass out there and walk, take a shower, feel good about myself, have nice days.

Quit goofing around on the computer.

FINISH NOVEL I SO DESPERATELY NEED TO AND WANT TO WRITE! (And then I'm going to reward myself by buying an iPod, learning to use it, and downloading a ton of great music onto it -- cuz that's what you do with an iPod, right? I've barely seen one up close!)

Make myself look nice each day, or at least semi-presentable, even with maybe more make-up than the usual lipstick.

Bed by 10:30 each night.

I hope this leaf stays around for a while. Oh, and no Starbucks until Friday, after I weigh in at Weight Watchers--that will be my reward for the week.

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Devon said...

I'm rooting for you! It sounds like you have a plan. You might just inspire me to get up early and do stuff rather than flopping around in bed willing the kids to sleep just another hour! ;)

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Tulip said...

There is alot to be said for a big initial push to get past the inertia. Keep pushing!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

thanks for the support gals! After I got out of bed, when I was walking, I thought to myself that it wasn't that bad!

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Keris Stainton said...

Hi Stephanie. This made me laugh because your e-mail last night said 'in bed by 11'. Should've known 10.30 couldn't last.

I too 'allow' myself a Starbucks on a Friday. Sadly I can only have a decaf soy latte which is about as good as chewing the cup, but what can you do? I'm off to get it now.

Have a great day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home