Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

S.A = Starbucks Anonymous

I've got a sponsor and everything!

I've been clean for 48 hours now, and I owe most of it to my Starbucks Sponser. It's been the longest two days of my life, but I think I can get clean. One day at a time, isn't that what they say?

I've passed about 16 individual Starbucks locations in the past two days, holding my breath, turning my face so as not to come eye to eye with those tempting barristas, asking if I'd like to try a sample of the caramel-mocha macchiato (sp?). They are the devil in a green apron, for certain. Evil, pure evil, devil-spawn, I am sure.

Faithful friend, dual addictee and now addict-turned-sponsor, L, is on the bandwagon with me. We spent part of the day holding each others hands tightly, willing the shakes to stop, and passing a Jumbo Diet Coke with two straws between one another.

We discussed how it's so much cheaper to drink a 64-ounce, 99-cent chilled Diet Coke than a 12-ounce $3.00 latte, and that we were still getting some caffeine (I bet this is how smokers feel when they drop their two-pack-a-day habit and start chewing Nicorette, trying to convince themselves they are still getting some of the poison!)

We're staying strong, but it makes me weep when L says how much she misses her "happiness in a cup."

3 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Tulip said...

I am proud of you!! Unfortunately, a mini-Starbucks opened at my workplace about 3 months ago. It has been U-G-L-Y!
BUT, my last day of work there is May 10th. Here is the interesting part: my new home is 45 minutes from the nearest Starbucks. FORTY-FIVE MINUTES I shit you not. So, I will have to brew my own. Or start smoking crack as a substitute. I still have to do the cost-analysis on that one....

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey Tulip--that's the problem when I moved to Chicago from Philly--there were like two Starbucks within a twenty mile radius by where I used to live. Now, I've got about 40 of them within a five mile radius, including one I can easily, very easily walk to daily if I wanted to!! And another one that's a drive-through, and one in the grocery store, and even one in the damned Target!!!! I cannot escape them!!!!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger ACG said...

G-d bless and keep my employers who supply free coffee all day, brewing just a few feet from my desk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home