Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Why 6 a.m.?

I'm trying to turn over a newer leaf, one that gets up at six a.m. to power walk, shower and dress before Ajers makes it out of bed. Managed to do so two days in a row so far, but am asking myself, "WHY?"

I'm getting exercise, I'm adding quality time to my day, I'm going to bed by 10:00 p.m. at night, allowing some time for reading before sleep. I'm not working on The Novel right now. Had to let my brain rest for a while.

I'm more tired now than when I was staying up til 1:00 a.m. writing. Why? And what good is this doing to me now? I don't have more energy, I don't feel less crabby, in fact, I feel like I'm not as productive as before (before being like one or two mere weeks ago).

I'm giving it til it either rains or til the end of the week to see if this six a.m. stuff is worth it. Then, if I decide it's not, maybe I'll get back to writing. Because I did dream up some more personality traits of my future protagonist, who's already named Celia and has a world of problems, none of them being trying to get her ass out of bed at six a.m. to power walk.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hi...followed your link from dj's site, i'm having withdrawals while she's gone too....check out www.flylady.net for motivation with the whole get up early/housework/kids/organized thing, it works!! miss julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home