Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, April 15, 2005

Organized -- Not!

I figured out why my life has been so disorganized since we moved here from Philly, and it's a simple little reason for the unraveling of my sanity.

In this new home, I have no laundry chute.

Never did I think such a simple thing as a hole in the wall that goes from the upstairs down into the laundry room would have had such an impact on my life, but I've discovered that is the problem for my lack of daily structure now. I just need a laundry chute.

Instead, each kid has their little baskets tucked away in their rooms, where the growing piles are unseen, and keep growing and growing; where they shove items they tried on but decided it was too hot or too cold or just too uncool to wear that day so they get discarded there. Clean. I however, don't know these items are clean, and wash them again. And again, and again.

I believe hell is a hot laundry room with machines that only hold at max four towels, and the dryers are extra hot, and you can't ever get the right settings, and there's never enough soap, and you're constantly washing and drying and sorting and folding and walking up an ungodly amount of stairs (because remember--this is hell, so it has to be ungodly!) to put the items away. Then the devil pulls each item out of the drawers and yells, "THIS IS NOT CLEAN!" I so don't want to go to hell.

Everything in life stems from laundry. If the laundry is in a quandry (hey, cute rhyme--I'll have to look up quandry to see if that even makes sense), then my life becomes a spherical disillusioned environment. My laundry is always in a quandry.

And the clutter that has become my home. I hate the clutter, and I can't seem to get it together in this new home, which is beautiful, but lacking closet space and the laundry chute. This clutter is affecting every aspect of my life; and don't get me wrong, the house is not a mess by any stretch, but I'm finding that I can't figure out where everything should go, what kids' projects I can toss without them finding discovering it in the garbage and freaking out.

You know what I need? I need one of those chicks that go on Oprah or Dr. Phil to come into my home, listen to the things I need to do, want to do, haven't done, dread doing, wish I had the time to do, and then that person can fix my life for me. I would love for someone to write me up a daily schedule and hey, if it begins at 6 a.m. and I lose one or two hours of sleep, as long as that gets me organized, I'm up for it. Maybe I'll come up with a list. I need this to be like a class schedule--homeroom, history, lunch, gym, etc. My list would look something like this:
6 a.m. -- power walk.

Wow, that's all I can come up with right now. But if I could get a power walk, a shower, and maybe even start eating breakfast every day, and do these three things before 8 a.m., I can bet my life would be a whole hell of a lot more structured, calm, and sane. It's like the feng shui for the modern mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home