Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

So Many Options; So Little Time

Discuss amongst yourselves--Double Stuffed Oreos, Mint Oreos, Uh-Oh Oreos, plain old Oreos, mini Oreos, Oreos breakfast bars, Oreos ice cream.... we were talking tonight about how once there used to be just one choice for a product. Now there are thousands of sub-categories. Crest or Colgate has like 80 types of toothpastes. Heck, there is now Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper--are they coming out next with Diet Cherry Vanilla Lime Dr. Pepper. I think I need to make this a post (because this was originally a comment)! And Ketchup... now they have low carb ketchup, green ketchup, purple ketchup, spicy ketchup, ... It exhausts me! And, oh yea, I opened the bag of Peanut Butter Speckled M&M Eggs now too!

5 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Mmm, kay. This is a biggie Steph. :D

1) There really only needs to beOreo's, Oreo Cookies 'n' Cream Ice Cream and Fudge covered Oreo's in this world. The rest are just a feeble marketing attempt and aren't that great. Just my opinion, of course. LOL

2) Diet Dr. Pepper rocks my world. Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper is a waste of everyone's time and money. It isn't exactly good, it isn't exactly Dr. Pepper, Vanilla or Cherry. Who needs it? No one. Dr. Pepper, please, give it up.

3) Ketchup is ketchup. Low carb is vile; green and purple both look as if they've already been eaten and expelled; spicy ketchup is just taco sauce/salsa with a not so nifty new name.

4) Peanut Butter M&M's are a gift from God. Be they in regular or Easter Egg Speckled form. Enjoy them. Love them.

*need a life*

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

D'oh.

should be

*needs a life*

as in me, not you.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I always say nothing is as good as the original.

Oreos should come in one style, and they can be put into ice cream. It's only nartural.

Dr. Pepper is ok. Although I (kind of) disagree with Gloss, the Diet Cherry Vanilla is pretty yummy, it doensn't taste like cherry or vanilla. But it is red!

Ketchup should be red, come in a glass bottle and be extremely difficult to extract from said bottle.

Now how about all of our sweetener choices? Original sugar, unrefined sugar, Equal, Sweet and Low, Splenda. There are too many!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Gloss--forgot about the fudge covered ones! Skip ALL the rest!

Erin--you forgot those packets of pure raw sugar in the brown packages!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Christa said...

Here's my twists, as I agree with all previous renderings.

1) I don't care as long as the Oreo product in question is accompanied by a tall glass of Moo juice.

2) Diet vanilla cherry dr pepper tastes like chemical waste. I'll forgo the "diet" part to partake int he wonderfulness of canned soda fountain drinks, as the regular version is truly heavenly.

3) I'll post my ketchup story on my blog. Check it out. Whole new meaning for ketchup.

4) M&M's any kind, are blessings from above, yes. Ah, yes. M&M's.

I'm hungry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home