Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

EncyclopediaofanOrdinaryLife

So, a friend of mine (cuz I've met her and now she's my friend, right Amy?) has written this really, really cool memoir about her "ordinary life." There are some very thought-provoking entries on using Q-tips, toweling off, getting married, having children, purple flowers, etc. She takes each letter of the alphabet and has written something profoundly eye-opening that details part of her life, and quite possibly could parallel parts of yours too.

Check out her website, and be prepared to visit it for a while because it will draw you in and pull you away from the mundane things you're currently doing--laundry, sex, etc. And when you realize you like what you see, drop me a comment on this post, and one of you will receive a signed copy of her book, and you can have Amy write whatever you want her to in it before she mails it to you.

She's so not ordinary, and if you read her book, you'll know why!

EncyclopediaofanOrdinaryLife

5 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Now that I am a fan of your blog :)I've been checking every so often. Thanks for this website. I am going to spend some time reading more, cause if I don't get dinner ready my family is going to start a war against me!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Erin said...

OK, dinner served! I just read a few of the excerpts and 2 of them had me laughing and (almost) crying, all with in a matter of seconds. Fantastic!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I just read a few excerpts. I was smiling and now I sit here like a deer in headlights. Stunned. I'm in awe. I just read her husbands one and wow. She's got a book, huh? I need to read it. Amazing. Just amazing. I have to go cook dinner now, but will read more later tonight. Thanks for sharing her with us. :)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Aren't they beautiful excerpts. Wait til you read the whole book! I'm keeping track of you all who write comments and will make sure to let you know when I do the drawing. Amy's going to be thrilled to hear you all enjoy her site!

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steph,
Tell Amy I love the idea of an encyclopedia of life -- great excerpt on dying. I thought I was the only one with such morbid thought patterns!!!!
Anyway, Amy has a nice site, nice work, and a nice way with words. (my thesaurus is lost! :)
doreen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home