Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Justifying A Venti

This was Scott's idea for a title for a blog post. We just took the kids on a walk (they rode bikes, we walked), and stopped at Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream for them, and a Starbucks treat for us (Which, as of yesterday, I had made a pact with good friend Lisa to indulge in only one Starbucks pleasantry a week--I will have to lie to her for sure).

Anyway, I got us a refreshing Vanilla Light Frappacino with whip because it's like 70 here today and very warm. When I presented the beverage to Scott, I explained that we're not really having too many calories because even though it's a Venti with whip, when you share it, it's like only half the calories (although I have to admit, I had three-quarters of it). So, Scott comes up with the: "Justifying a Venti, now there's a blog title."

You wonder how I come up with this creative crap?

4 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger The Dummy said...

Mmm.. I had a venti drink today. A venti soy hot chocolate. My favorite at the coffee shop while I type away at my work.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

So, DD, when you're at the coffee shop typing away, what are you working on? A novel, like the rest of us? What is your 'real' job anyway?

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

My real job? I sell hotdogs. At the street corner. That's how I meet all these people, dont'cha know? :)

Actually, I manage a hedge fund - a lightly regulated form of a mutual fund. So if we were to categorize my line of work, from general to specific, I would be:

1. Money Manager
2. Portfolio Manager (PM)
3. Hedge Fund Manager

Each becomes more focused... and it's every PM's dream to run a hedge fund someday, because that's where the megabucks are if you're successful! I gave up three years of my life after college to get those three letters after my name (CFA), and I plan on making it work for me!

But because I'm selling hotdogs, I bet you can tell that I'm not that big yet. ;)

As for being in the coffee shop, most of my work has to do with the hedge fund... but sometimes, I try to think about things I can blog about. :)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I bet those hot dogs are really tasty! ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home