Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Redeeming Qualities of a One-Night Stand

As prompted by Dating Dummy on Purpose Driven Life's site, I'm about to tell you the redeeming qualities of a one-night stand. And I'll try to link you to both of those sites as they are two of my favorites.

Preface to this list, (Of course, I've only had ONE one-night stand in my life*, and that has culminated into almost twelve years of marriage and three kids) some of you may not like the truths be told here:

1. No strings attached.
2. If you wanted some without the pressures of will he or won't he call, you got it.
3. You can pretend to be whoever you want to be.
4. Most likely, you won't remember everything anyway.
5. It can be really, really fun and good and naughty.
6. You can get out of there before he/she smells your morning breath.(Of course you may have to do the walk of shame, depending on if you're in college, or don't own a car.)

OK, so I guess there are not that many redeeming qualities of a one-night stand, but I have to say (and this sounds terrible, and maybe it's me just being Manic), I think everyone should experience one one-night stand in their lifetime. As long as you are cautious and careful. Okay, so forget I even brought it up. Christa--your turn. Dating Dummy, you win. Stumped.


*Yeah, sure Manic.

3 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger The Dummy said...

lol, I love it! Thanks for taking the time to write about this! Walk of shame indeed! :)

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Christa's on Purpose Driven had so much more insight on this topic. My response was lame! But I know all too well about the Walk of Shame on a bright sunny morning, wearing the same clothes from the night before, but also wearing a little less dignity!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

Yours was more on topic; Christa skirted around the rules!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home