Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Weekend Fun With Wax

Well, since I'm kind of on the non-drinking bandwagon, (Ok, I did have a few last night but was able to COMPLETELY function today--YAY!) we had to come up with new ways to enjoy ourselves over the weekend.

At a friend's house last night, after dinner, we three moms (sounds like a sitcom, huh?) were hanging out at the dining room table while the guys were watching those basketball games--final fours or whatever.

There was a candle on the table. I like candle wax and started dipping the tips of my fingers into the wax, letting it dry and then peeling the tips off and putting the wax back in the candle to melt. Of course, I try to do this when no children are around so they don't know that it actually IS fun to play with fire.

So I rehashed a story about something I did in college with a boy and a candle and some wax that involved a one-year anniversary and some champagne and some *ahem* body parts. I told them that it really doesn't hurt, but it does kind of hurt but in a good-hurt kinda way. We all then decided that maybe we would attempt home hand parafin waxes. My friend just happened to have a crock pot handy and we threw in a bunch of already melted down candles, turned the pot on and stirred it up until the wax was all melty and hot.

Then, we took turns dipping our hands into the hot, yes, very hot, wax, and screamed until it cooled, then laughed and after it would dry, we would pull the fingers off and have actual wax moldings of our fingers and hands. And, yes, in case you are wondering, this was fun.

I happened to have my digital camera with so we started dripping the wax onto our feet and pouring it onto our toes to do feet parafin too. I took a couple pictures and I swear to you it looks as if Freddie took an axe to our feet and they had been bleeding profusely. (wax was red obviously). Since I still don't know how to upload the dang pictures, if you want to see a pic of the "bloody" feet and hands, send me your email address and I'll send it to you digially that way. It's hilarious.

We had to stop playing though when the one mom was screaming about the wax so much she frightened her poor little two-year old to death!

However, if you can muffle the screams, this is a very cheap alternative to the expensive spa treatments that cost $50 or more, and your hands and feet, guaranteed, will be smooth and soft, and smelling delightful, as long as you don't get the wax hot enough to cause blisters!

Just another helpful glamour tip from yours truly, Manic Mom!

5 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol you crack me up!!! I have one of those special parafin wax things with the special wax and everything. I like doing this with friends it is more fun to be in pain together. LOL

So this hot wax on the body...other than hands and feet...it really doesn't hurt? I went to a male strip show once (company Christmas party) and the stripper got up on a table and dumped hot wax all down his chest...it was um...interesting.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Of course it hurts!!! But not worse than childbearing! And the pain doesn't last as long.

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol where you said on other *ahem* parts and it hurt in a good way...not the hand and feet part...

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh. Oh, my. I don't know where to start. Suffice to say, your weekend was apparently more entertaining than mine.

We really have got to get you to where you can upload photos to your blog because the world needs to see these photos... and I want to see your tattoo!

That program Hello makes it very easy and painless. Let me know if I can help. :)

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

GLoss--when we come back from Fla for spring break, I will figure out how to do the pictures for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home