Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, March 25, 2005

Pre-Travel Update

Okay, so far I've slammed a grandenonfatsugarfreevanillalatte, Scott and I have barked at each other five times; he's telling me it's a "Classic Overpack" for the kids. Please tell me, how many of you can pack three kids' clothing for a week into one (YES, I SAID ONE!) relatively mediocre sized suitcase. Let him try to remember everything! I have a friend, dear S., same said friend who helped me with the puke taxi incident, who has packed EIGHTEEN, yes EIGHTEEN pairs of shorts for her daughter, (who's seven) for one week in Florida, and whom I will be getting drunk with tonight as she will be joining us at Family Hedonism aka my parents' home in Florida.

Time to pop the Xanax. Wonder what will happen if I take two?

Happy Easter!
Will try to update from Sunny Florida, if I'm not too busy drowning myself!

5 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your journal through your comments on my sister in laws journal. I have to say, it's hilarious! I have three kids (3.5 yrs, 18 months and 6 weeks) and it is definitely impossible to pack one suitcase with clothes. I pack everything they own whenever we travel. heehee..
Anyway, just wanted to let you know someone else was reading your journal!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey Devon! Sounds like you're in the exact same KID boat as me. Ajer's seven, Diva will be six in May, and Tookie is 3-1/2. Hope you're handling everything with lots of laughter, and maybe a prescription for Effexor!! Ha! hope to have some funny entries from vacation. Who's your sis in law? Thanks for reading!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Devon said...

Christa is my sister in law- she has the Purpose Driven Life blog.
Oh, I so can't wait until my kids are 7 and 6, though I do enjoy the times now. I am on Livejournal (http://www.livejournal.com/users/cryingbaby/). I handle everything with lots of coffee- black and strong! Though the occassional latte (full fat with sugary syrups) would be good, too. heehee

devon

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Three kids clothing for a week packed into one suitcase? Just... no. Good grief! We drove down to Disneyland last year for a 3.5 day trip (total). My kid has one of those kid suitcases, not big, but not small either. We managed get everything he'd need into his own suitcase. Forget about adding anything extra. LOL The thought of packing for three children makes me want to go to bed. LOL

Have a great trip! We're staying home (sorta) for Easter. Going to my grandparents house a few towns over - but nothing overnight. Happy Easter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home