Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, April 25, 2005

Binge & Cleanse

Okay folks, I'm officially declaring today "Cold Turkey Day" and am vowing to abstain from Starbucks for... okay, let's be reasonable about this one and not make things too drastic... I will abstain until Friday, and then I'll see if the shakes have stopped.

I've been on a cookie and grandenonfatsugarfreevanillalatte (if it's cold out) or a cookie and grandecafevanillalightfrappacino (for the sporadic warm days) binge, alternating sometimes in the same day between the two.

And now, the madness has got to stop.

The only problem is I've got about $24 left in Starbucks gift cards left over from my birthday. I hope they don't expire.

4 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Tulip said...

Don't let the cards expire!! Send them to me! Send them to me!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Tulip--I'm afraid I'm caving... I was so crabby this afternoon and just feel like a latte is what I need. I bet I'll have to get one tomorrow. I have no will-power!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Me said...

Having worked for Starbucks more than once, let me assure you, those refillable cards don't expire.

But if someone were stupid enough to tell you that they did (or had), I advise you to make a fuss, because they'll probably just honor it for you anyway rather than risk losing your business. Starbucks kicks *ss like that.

NOTE: I recommend against trying that at a grocery store Starbucks. I've worked at the real kind and the grocery store kind, and the real ones are way better because the employees get treated so much better. When you work at a Starbucks in a grocery store, you work for the grocery store, you just happen to wear a Starbucks uniform. It is a totally different experience.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Devon said...

Give up the cookie. not the latte! Without coffee, life is just not worth living... ;)

Or, you could send your starbucks cards to me.. I do have 3 kids under 4 yrs old to keep up with.. heehee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home