Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Lunch & Things

Favorite lunch lately has been a grandenonfatsugarfreevanillalatte and a cookie or a cafevanillalightfrappacino and a cookie. I'm sure the weight is just melting off my hips. I still haven't looked at the weight the lady wrote down in my Weight Watchers book from almost two weeks ago but I am bound and determined to go get my fat ass weighed tomorrow and have it be less than what it was then. We'll see, and I'll for sure report back.

Yesterdays' nine a.m. wake-up call made for an exceptional day! And I was able to squeeze in two sessions of exercise. Tukey rode his bike and I walked to Starbucks (where I indulged in above mentioned lunch) and then came home. That's three miles, but if you calculate the calories of the intake of food vs. the calories expended on the walk, then I'm still probably in the negative zone. Then, I did go to Yoga last night, where I could choose if I was a tall oak tree, a rotting blade of grass or a blooming tulip. I really didn't feel like any of those things, but was glad I went.

We finally got rid of our hot tub yesterday. I swear, we couldn't PAY someone to remove it for us. It was in good shape, still worked, but we just didn't have the time or energy for the upkeep of it. When the lucky folks who we gave it to drove away, Diva came running in crying hysterically, "I miss our hot tub! I loved our hot tub!" She never even sat in it, we never even turned it on. "I want our hot tub back!" I solved the crying jag by offering her something I knew would calm her down: Two Hershey kisses and eight M&Ms.

4 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well at least you seem to be on your way. I tried weight watchers awhile ago. And I salute you. I have decided that I am going to make my butt shrink if it kills me!
Tomorrow morning I will be getting up early before class and going walking with my dog. She will set a good pace for me I'm sure.
~Charity

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey Charity--I even made it to the Weight Watchers success stories. But now I'm about ten lbs. up from where I was and am disappointed in myself. Must be my cookie/latte lunch combos! Here's the link WW posted of my story (you'll probably have to cute and paste:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/success/art/index.aspx?sc=17&SuccessStoryID=2931

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! See I never went to the meetings and niether does my mom. She does the online thing and so did I when I did it. I am just having to get motivated enough to start up again.
You look amazing, and even with 10 extra I am so happy for you.
I was up to 230lbs and made it to 160 before Syd came along. Now I am right back where I started and it sucks.
~Charity

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey Charity--you'll get back on track! You can do it! Babies suck everything out of us, don't they? But they are sooo worth it! I couldn't do the online thing. I had to make myself accountable every week; still do. I need to get a scale in this house to better keep track! Hey, did you see my latest post about the Ex? I'm typing it all out and cracking myself up at the hilariousness of my life! I'm a complete nutcase!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home