Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Thursday, April 28, 2005

You Know You're A Seasoned Mom When...

... your littlest is not right, was up all night with ear pain and congestion and you decide to take him to the doctor, BUT, before you get into the car, you grab the most gigantic plastic bowl you can find, and tell him to hold it in case he throws up.

The seasoned mom knows the possibility might exist. I couldn't help but grin ear to ear as I heard the vomit smack up against the plastic of the bowl. So, my little guy is puking his guts out in the back seat, heaving and gagging, yet I'm mentally high-fiving myself for having the 'wherewithall' (cool choice of words, huh?) to bring along a vomit bowl.

And then, if you're a seasoned mom, you high-five yourself mentally again when the doctor confirms what you've already diagnosed -- that he does have a majorly nasty ear infection, and your visit to the doctor's office wasn't a waste of time and you're actually very excited to pay the $10 co-pay.

However, I don't think the doctor was too impressed with me when she announced he had an ear infection and I jumped off the chair and yelled, "Yes!" But, if you're a mom, you know that once the doctor says those three magic words -- "I'll prescribe amoxicillon" -- you're on your way to recovery!

If that's not deserving of the grandecafevanillafrapwithwhip I sucked down in three seconds flat this afternoon, I don't know what is.

And thanks to all who commented with your favorite drink choices! I love hearing from you and will try to come up with some clever questions so I can learn more about you. After all, it's share and share alike!

8 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger ACG said...

Hey there ;-)
Us singles know the value of a puke bucket close at hand.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

ACG--I've been the proud puker in an ice bucket on a cruise ship. Also had to swallow it a few times when I had no place to dispose of "said" vomit. Oh, the memories of being young... and so hungover you actually beg for death!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Erin said...

After a weekend of the stomach flu running rampant though our household, I had to giggle at your post. Having to explain to a 3-year-old the necessity of vomiting INTO the trash can was not an easy chore. At least that has all past now!

On another note, I throughly enjoied my cafe mochacinno (sp?) from Starbucks this evening. Made me think of you as I cruised the local mall, sipping its frothy goodness!! LOL!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Tulip said...

HIGH FIVE !

I hope the snot & vomit dries up soon and your little one feels better !

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed...usually I keep plastic bags tucked under the seat to hand them out when needed...I am into disposable! LOL

~Charity

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Charity--I am a zip-loc whore! You should see how many boxes of zip-locs I have in my cabinet. Hold on, I'm going to go count them: 10 boxes of various sized zip-locs; three boxes of saran wrap or wax paper, and two tin foils in a pear tree! It's an addiction, and I put EVERYTHING in zip-locs. I do not want ants in my home EVER!

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa.....Where have I been? I am just now finding this site via DistressedJeans blog! You are hilarious....I have 3 kids myself and I'm a SAHM trying to start an at-home business! This blog is just what I need to get me through my monotonous days! You are great!
P.S. My drug of choice is grandehalfcafraspberrywhitemocha!

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, found this site through distressedjeans, my new dealer of the laughter kind is here! Poor kid, hope he gets better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home