Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Let's Get It Started!

I'm listening to this song from Black-Eyed Peas. So, let's get it started!

I would like to share some of your blogs with some other blog surfers and readers. There are so many of you out there with great blogs, and I think one of the goals of a blogger is to capture an audience, an audience who offers words of wisdom, pearls of perception, kernels of ... (can't come up with a K or a C word, but kernels sounds good...) anyway, I feel readers and what they have to say help writers find out more about themselves, who they are, who they want to become. That's my opinion anyway. And as a writer, I would think you are writing in order to touch other peoples' lives, so maybe this will help you find the audience who is most certainly looking for you.

So, and maybe this is out of line, but I want to create a National-Share-Your-Blog Week, starting NOW. If you would like to have others find you on the internet, just leave me a comment and include your URL to the site, and then next week, I will compile a list of them (no offensive blogs/posters please!), create a specific post entry for these unique blogs, and this way, readers will be able to find each other. I will plan on re-posting these blogs each month.

I know there are sidebars you can link other bloggers to, but those tend to get lost in the blog, so this way, it'll give your blog some added exposure, and hopefully get the word out about the great things you have to say!

Additionally, if you want, I would also complile the list and send it to my email addresses to those I think would like your site.

Other interested bloggers, it would be cool for you to post something like this on your site to spread the word...

I'm all about the PR, and if you're a serious blogger, this is one way to get the word out. To let others know you are out there. It's kind of like a door-to-door salesman, but without the vacuums or Bibles, or encyclopedias!

So, Let's Get It Started! Drop me a comment with your URL if you're game!

9 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger AGF said...

I am all for this! So feel free to inlcude my blog and I will include yours... I will post something similar on my blog too.
LOVE your idea of getting pictures from you and any other gals with jerks for ex'es (it's revenge, you know ;)) and posting their stories or something funny to go along with it! GREAT IDEA! I need to harass my friends for those. It's not like I don't like men, but I think men get off soooo easily when they totally screw over a woman and crush them... it's like, "hey, no biggy!". SO INJUST! This is my blog to get justice back!! I guess it's a societal contribution- hehe. :)
I am also blogging bits of my book "White Water", too, which feels weird and slightly vulnerable, but hey, it comes with the territory of writing a book.
I'm new at the blog thing (doing links, etc.) so bear with me. :) I gotta figure out how to include your link!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I think this is a great idea!

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With reference to my post on Christa's site, I am glad that my diction entertains, I really should construct a novel.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Girrrl! I'm all about it! I'll do something similar on my blog and maybe we can combine all of our listings and make a masterlist!

You know my stats!
E.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Christa said...

if you'll be my bodyguard, I can be your long lost pal, If I can call you Betty, then Betty when you call me you can call me Al, call me Al...nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah..... hmm.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger eatmisery said...

I'm in, Manic. And you know where to find me. It's a great idea.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger J C said...

sounds like a great idea

http://oneunknownman.blogspot.com/

perhaps more than like 2 people will actually read it..haha

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

of course i'm game manic....
www.nellysdiary.blogspot.com

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger That One Chick You Know said...

Great Idea - I'm game!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home