Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, October 07, 2005

MUCH BETTER!

Okay, I'm going to just write.

I feel much, much better because I was in a terrible funk, and not sure if it was period-driven, agent-driven, not-seeing-my-husband-since-Tuesday driven, writing-driven, children-driven, depression-medicine-driven, weight-gain-driven, lack of my grandenonfatsugarfreevanillalattewithezwhip-driven but I am better.

Whew.

I just said screw it, get out of this mood, and what way would make me immediately feel better about myself? By doing something good for myself, not in the ways of a Starbucks fix, but in a healthy matter.

I put on those $90 shoes and just ran. The most I have in ten years. I had my ipod with music chosen specifically for running, and it was a great feeling. I feel better.

Reasons I wasn't feeling too happy. And they are completely not legitimate reasons if I look all around me and see what other people don't have, have lost, want, need, etc.

And, "dear readers" (and that's in quotes because I hate when Bloggers refer to the people who read their blogs as dear readers), I'm going to be completely, completely honest here, and I know this is what some of you want to know.

I didn't like that an anonymous poster wrote something unkind.

There, you happy? This is the result you wanted. You made me feel badly. You won. But not for long, because I don't feel that way anymore. And I wasn't feeling bad because you said I posted "crap" and "trash." I posted something I felt like sharing, and if you've ever been in a writer's group or a writing class, it's scary to share your work, to read it in front of everyone, and even scarier to read something you have written that could have been of a personal nature. You bare your soul when you let someone read the words that come from within.

I don't care that you didn't like it. Hell, I hate The Catcher in the Rye. I hate Hemingway. I could care less about A Tale of Two Cities, Jane Eyre, Whoever...I don't even read the classics, or even know who some of the classic authors are. It's my choice. I have an opinion and if I don't want to read something, I don't.

What I posted is definitely not my best written piece, it's not my worst. It's not even something from the novel I wrote, and it might not even be something from the novel I am trying to write now. It was, as I titled it, "JUST SOMETHING."

The thing that gets me is that someone would deliberately set out to do something mean, to try to hurt someone, whether or not you know me, I don't know -- but I think you do, or else you're a very lonely person who gets kicks going onto random blogs and posting mean things.

If you wanted to critique what I had written, you should have done what Tobias did, and offered something constructive, something I could have taken from you in order to make my writing better. You're just mean and that makes me think you've got nothing better to do and you've got a lonely life, and for that, I feel sorry for you.

You might want to take a look inside and see what's missing from your life and how to make it better. Like I have done.

11 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

My take on it: I think it was someone from “conversations about famous people” who is still not over that you didn’t breast feed. They were just hanging around waiting for something to be rude about.

Don’ t worry about it. You have to write something to be criticized right? At least you wrote something.

Oh, and you could turn off the “anonymous” option so that if they want to give you an opinion they have to tell you who they are. I think that’s only fair.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant bu "incorporated" nothing more. I had spelt it wrong in the previous post.

I too never understood "The Catcher in the Rye" even though it is one of my fathers favourite novels.

Don't take these things so personally.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger AGF said...

They suck! Don't let them get to you....
I am also an aspiring "writer"... chick-lit type stuff. I have taken writing courses before and have dealt with the fear and dread that consumes my body when the instructor begins to read my excerpt. GULP. Bring on the critique... bring on the raised eyebrows... BRING IT!
It takes a lot of courage and a great outlook to share with other people.
I give you a big fat kudos... and I give the anonymous poster a big fat... well you fill in the blank.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Erin said...

What an asswipe! After I posted my comment, I didn't go back, so I didn't see it until I looked at the archives. Do ya wanna me to bust out his knee caps? LOL!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger AGF said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger AGF said...

I should clarify "they" in "they suck"... They = the person taht railed you... Don't let it get to ya.... ipod it & boogie your blues away! :)
Dude- so many typos today. UGH!

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What got deleted?

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I have no idea what was deleted and who wrote whatever it was that was deleted.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

manic -
you are awesome. you know it, sane people know it. who gives a rats ass about the rest?
ps. ipods are the best huh?
mine always puts me in a better mood. pair that baby with some good chocolate and i am in heaven!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger J C said...

i like your blog.

much better than most of the people who write that are pretentious and verbose.

they act as thought they are God's gift to writing and try to incorporate as much imagery and analogy into their writing as possible.

bleh.

but i must say that "catcher" is one of my favorite novels. and i like most of the classics.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger thisbearbites said...

I really liked your fiction piece. I'm willing to bet the women "got it" and the men "not so much...."
In fact, I read your blog (and many others) for enjoyment - everyday. I like the "mommy blogs". They remind of early works of Erma Bombeck. I loved being a SAHM myself (been awhile) and can relate still - now I'm doing the Gramma thing!
I have been the recipient of mean, snotty anonymous remarks myself. I give them no glory and no attention.
I'm not ashamed to identify myself in any and all that I do. I expect no less from my equals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home