Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, September 30, 2005

Change Is Okay; Change Is Good!

So, feeling like something new this a.m., I didn't get my usual grandenonfatsugarfreevanillalattewithezwhip. I took the plunge, did something unexpected; dared to cast aside the normalcy of what is normal.

I ordered something completely uncharacteristic.

A grandenonfatchaitealatte.

The woman behind me in line, when it was her turn to order exclaimed: "Ditto."

SHE WAS GETTING A NONFATCHAILATTE too! What are the odds? Out of all the drinks, out of all the combinations of concoctions, out of all the Starbucks in the area she could have chosen to go to, she is in the exact same one as I am, and she ordered the darn same drink as me.

Copy cat, I figured.

I looked at her. "Are they good?" I asked excitedly.

"You'll love it," she assured.

Hmmm... it was nice, a change of pace, throwing caution to the wind. It reminded me of the Wassle (?) Christmas Punch my mom used to make on the stove -- oranges in tea with cloves kind of. But a little creamy. And without the rum my mother would add. Or was it bourbon?

Each sip stung my tongue, but not in a tangy bad way, but it did have a little 'bite' to its flavor.

I kind of liked it. I might even order it again sometime. I think they're healthier for you. Bad part (or maybe good part depending on how you look at it): no caffeine buzz. Unless there is caffeine in it; I wasn't sure.

Similarities: came in the same kind of cup I usually get, and still costs four bucks.

4 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger her master said...

I tried chai once .. too sweet!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Too sweet as in like "Dude, Where's My Car" tooooo sweet? Or like too sugary sweet? LOL, I think you mean Sugary but I laughed when I read your comment, Dude, too sweet!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Anna--I'm living on the edge! LOL

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Jennie--It TOTALLY has a Christmassy/Fall feel/taste to it. But, I gotta be honest, this a.m. I am all about getting me a grandenonfatsugarfreevanillalattewithEXTRAwhip!

Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home