Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, September 23, 2005

Tagged; I'm It!

I was Blog-tagged by This Talented Writer so I'm going to play along:

Ten years ago: Twenty-six years old, working ...(oh my God, this is HARD to remember!)... for, I think, a trade-show management company, and doing the DINK thing (double-income, no kids). I can't even remember if we were taking vacations, having lots of sex, or what? How terrible is my memory right now... Let's see, we were living in our first owned condo, and I think we may have just gotten our very first pet, Puck, a black and white kitty who unfortunately, kicked it under the knife a few months later, leaving behind another furry pal, Buko. Since we bought Buko to keep Puck company, we had to go out and get another furry pal, Cyclops, who, as you probably surmised... had only one eye. The cutest little black kitty with pink stitches over what would have been his eye -- had a tumor in his eye removed.

Five years ago: Okay, here's how much of a nerd I am. I went looking for my journals because I was writing in them five years ago. We were living in Philadelphia at the time, and were considering getting pregnant with our third child. Since I don't have an excerpt dated September 23, 2000, I'll post the closest one, which is September 21, 2000:

AJ, you win the cute award today. You came up to me when I was in the laundry room and said, "Can I just ask you one question?"

It was in such a cute little boy voice that you have. I thought you would ask me for an icee or chocolate milk or a treat, and I said, "What is your question?"

This is what you said:

"I lub you wit my all of my heart."

To die for! You win the cutest boy award ever!


and then September 24, 2000:

You have both been sick the past week. AJ, you were puking last weekend, and this weekend it's been McK. It always ends up on me, every time. Get better munchkins. I love you, Mommy.

So, that was what I was doing almost exactly five years ago today.

One year ago: One year ago tomorrow (Because I looked at my old calendar), I flew to Chicago to find a home over the weekend. Hubby had been working in Chicago since the end of July, I was in Philly trying to get all the loose ends together for our move. We didn't have a home. This weekend it will be one year since we found the home we live in... which is the result of a 36-hour search, where we saw 35 homes. And the one we bought: Number 35! And we couldn't be happier with our choice.

Yesterday: If you read yesterday's post, you know I was not in a good frame of mind. But everyone who took the time to comment and offer words of wisdom and support and who said such nice things ... you all have given me some hope, and I know that I can't give up! So, thank you all very much!

Five songs I know all the words to:
This one is hard, does Itsy-Bitsy Spider Count?
And does it have to be five I know the words to, or five I love?
Shit. Can't do it.

Five snacks:
Cookie dough (yesterday's post)
Chips and refried beans with sour cream
Hmmm... if I could have any snack right now, what would it be?...
McDonald French Fries (Large and salted, of course!)
Nonfatsugarfreevanillalatteeasywhip or a cafevanillafrappacinowithwhip, which is what I had this a.m.
Starbucks seasonal sugar cookie

Five Things I'd Do With $100 Million:
Publish my own damn books and/or start my own literary agency with other writers
Hire a personal chef to make all meals
Hire a personal laundress (is that a word) to do all the laundry
Buy books, books, books.
Get a pair of 2-carat each diamond earring studs.

That's not being too selfish or greedy, is it?

Five places I'd run away to:
My bedroom.
Barnes & Noble.
Grand Cayman, specifically Rum Point.
That place you go when you do Shivasana in Yoga.
That place you go when you have an orgasm.

Five things I'd never wear:
Docker beige khaki pants
A shirt that says, "It's All About Me" like this snot does
Foundation or base
A frown
A bikini

Five favorite (TV shows) books:
Gonna have to go with books here, since I don’t have TV. Ditto on the books, but not because I don't have a TV, just because I don't watch it.

She's Come Undone, Wally Lamb
Lucky, Alice Sebold
All Jennifer Weiner's books
An Egg on Three Sticks, Jackie Fischer, which I just read and it is AWESOME!
Authors:
Emily Giffin, Tom Perrotta, Anne Lamott, Judy Blume, so many....

Five greatest joys:
Hubby
Ajers
Diva
Tukey
Family
Friends
Books
Yummy treats
Thank you's
Unsolicite Kisses
This Rainbow:


Favorite toys:
Books
My computer
My AlphaSmart
My Digital Camera
My Good Luck Care Bear from sophomore year in H.S. that I just 'gave' to Diva
Jewelry, specifically diamonds
A credit card not maxed out
Food

Five people to tag:
Nancy French
My Pal DD
Tommy Doc
Super Mom
This Pregnant Momma

Of course, I would LOVE if you're a regular visitor to please also copy and paste and include your answers in the comments section!

Current Reads:
Just finished An Egg On Three Sticks, which I had left in the vomit-filled hotel room the night of the Green Tie Blahh, so I had to buy another copy, which is a very, very, very small price to pay for the events that took place that night.

Now I will dive into Goodnight Nobody over the weekend.

6 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I added it afterward, when I reread it. I was like, "Wait! I have to tell who I got tagged by!"

I haven't even started Goodnight Nobody yet... because i know when I do I will do nothing else for the rest of the time until I finish it.
Oh, and we have TV--who do you think babysits the kids when I'm online all the time! LOL. I just one time decided I've had enough of reality tv and if I truly wanted the time to write, I had to cut something out.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger eatmisery said...

Okay, Manic Mom! Go to my blog to see my post! You got me!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

Stephanie,

You are NOT NICE to tag me right in the middle of a nervous breakdown!

:)
Will catch up later.

Love ya!
NJ

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger tommy said...

Hey steph, do I answer these questions in your comment section? or on my blog?

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I will start the agent company with ya! We would have a blast!!!

I love how we learn something about you with every tag you do! I learned that you can't count very well! LOL More is better though in some cases!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

Darn it, you tagged me! One of these days (read: months), I just might get around to it! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home