Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, October 03, 2005

Shhh....My New Purchase

How can I hide the 40-inch diameter mirror I bought at the flea market yesterday from My Hubby, aka Sleeping-With-The-Enemy guy, but not how he beats Julia Roberts, and not how he expects the Campbell soup cans to be lined up, but how he is now obsessing over the credit card...

(Sidenote--I know, I know, I don't pay the bills, I don't know how much money is spent each month--actually, I do because he printed out the itemized list this month, and I have to agree, shhh... it is a little bit excessive, but it's not MY fault we had a wedding to go to in Buffalo; it's not MY fault it was Tukey's birthday and I bought him a Cold Stone Creamery birthday cake for $30; it's not MY fault that it's Fall and the kids are growing taller and they needed some new clothes from TARGET for crying-out-loud; it's not MY fault that I felt it would be more economical to purchase the Zoo membership rather than pay $40 for this visit and $40 for the next visit and so on when I could get a much better deal with the membership; it's not MY fault that we had to go to the stupid Green Tie event for his work-which, by the way, the $250 tickets EACH were FREE, and it's not MY fault that I needed to look presentable and had to buy an outfit with matching necklace--that I'm still glad I bought because I love the necklace; it's not MY fault people in this house want to eat food. Is it?)

I'm on lockdown though. Jailed. No time off for good behavior.

But, if I had balls, I would have sweated them off this a.m. trying to hoist this huge mirror I bought (WITH MY OWN, VERY OWN CASH I MADE ON MY OWN FOR WORKING FOR BABYZONE.COM THANK YOU VERY MUCH!). So, said mirror is on the wall, and let me tell you, it was not fun getting it up there. L has bet me a Starbucks he won't even notice it. HOW CAN YOU NOT NOTICE A 40-INCH DIAMETER MIRROR?!!?

I kept the mirror at L's house last night, called her this morning and asked, "Do you still have the contraband? Can you bring it over?"

So, L drives it over, and like Lucy and Ethel, we try to figure out how to get it up onto the wall, and Thank God there was already hooks in the studs from the previous owners, who we still had the previous owner's custom artwork up there until we could find a replacement so I had to get the ladder from the garage, one of those big ones that expand really, really tall. Then I had to climb up there and believe me, I started getting afraid of heights it's so high up (we have cathedral ceilings). Then L and my other friend J hoist the mirror up and I'm sweating to death, imagining my demise over a mirror and a ladder, and then we get it up there, and L says, "The wire in the back is not long enough to hook on both hooks?"

WTF?

I said there's no way I'm coming back down to fix the wire because it took about an hour just to do that part and then we reinforced it with black electrical tape, so dammit all, that mirror is going on this wall somehow right now or I just might have to kill someone!

YAY! I persevered and got the mirror up onto the hooks.

Fortunately, I like it there because even if I hated it, I was not taking it down. I can see it right now in fact, and I smile every time I see it because it makes me happy. See, I'm smiling right now.

And I'll keep on smiling until Sleeping With The Enemy (kidding, hon! Just kidding--like he even knows how to find my blog anyway!) comes home, makes a little after-dinner drink and heads upstairs to change out of his suit and he sees the mirror and then we won't talk the rest of the night, unless he makes some comment like, "Where'd that come from?"

If he says that, I'm going to say, "Well, didn't you know, the mirror fairy came last night!"

5 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger momma of 2 said...

tell him it's been there for a while, and that he never notices anything (while tearing up). and then demand that he take you out for supper, or better yet - pays for you to have a girls night out. LOL... good luck. If he's like my hubby - he won't notice it for days...and by then it's like - oh, had it a while.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I am hoping that's the case mo2. Keep ya posted!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger her master said...

If you had put it across from the bed or on the ceiling, he might like the mirror more.

Maybe you'll make lots of money on your book(s). Then you won't have to worry about those pesky credit cards anymore.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Erin said...

"Mirror? What mirror?"

That would be my responce!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Christa said...

i agree with momma of 2. IF he notices, just pretend its been there for months- way before he began his financial freak. And steph, I am right there with you. The only idfference is that I make more than him and gladly hand it over, he budgets (attempts to) and is always the one ranting about 'our' (he is meaning MY) spending. BARF. Men suck. They'd live longer if they just could spend worry-free like women do. AND YES, (I tell him) it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to spend 5 dollars on coffee at least thrice a week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home