Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Tukey Talk

This morning, Tukey told me his favorite prayer he made up.

He doesn't just tell me it; he squinches up his eyes really, really tight like that'll make the prayer go up faster to God, clamps his fists up and really, really concentrates:

Dear God (long pause),

The aminals are glad that you made them. ('nother pause),

And we're glad that you made us too!

(Emphatically) AMEN!

Yep, Amen all right!

Hope you all have a beautiful fall day and weekend! This soccer mom (hate that term - hell, I hate soccer! Oops, is it wrong that this post has a prayer in it, and then H-E-double-hockey-sticks too?) Anyway, this 'soccer mom' (who has been virtually alcohol-free since 'that' night) has a game to attend for Ajers.

5 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Anna-Caryn--
Haven't left for the game, and it's Ajer's game. Tukey starte pee wee soccer in a couple weeks! I will for sure check out your movie-goer post--I'm guessing it's about kids in the theater--I'll read it later today! xo

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Cute! And I'm with you on the soccer mom thing. My sister-in-law has TOTALLY embraced the title. I on the other hand will be running as far away as possible when the time comes! (Perhaps my loud metal music and various tattoos will scare the others off?)

Thank God The Princess has about as much athletic ability as ... well, me! Meatloaf, on the other hand is going to send me over the edge!

By the way, on page 117! Love it!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger momma of 2 said...

Short and to the point, that is how all prayers should be. My 5 yr olds opinion is... "God is a busy guy Momma, if we keep it short he'll hear us first."

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I gotta say, I was out there on the filed, yelling GO BLUE! And WAY TO GO GUYS and whatever else I could think of. Finally, Hub turned to me and said, "Tone it down, it's second-grade soccer."

They lost, and I felt very relieved when Ajers got to be goalie for a while because he was running around like crazy and that gave him time to rest!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Nancy French said...

Very very sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home