Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, May 23, 2005

Not Lately Up for Blogging

...Or anything that has to do with the computer, internet, working, writing. Just blah on that whole spectrum.

Hubby is out of town for three nights and as I'm fighting with the kids to get them bathed tonight, I say a vocal prayer, full of angst, to God to please never make me a single mom. I seriously could not handle it and have so much respect for those who are raising their children alone, or those moms who have husbands that travel more than two or three times a year. God love ya!

Went to a Bikram Yoga class on Saturday and it kicked my butt! It's the kind of yoga where they turn the heat up in the room to 100 degrees, and you seriously melt in there, dripping and stinking up the whole room. I was getting nauseous from the smell of stinky sweat--it was like being in a man's locker room with a bunch of football players who have just finished their four quarters plus over time (not that I would know anything about being in a men's locker room after a football game, of course--wink, wink!)

Anyway, after I got rid of the headache after the ninety-minute sweatfest, I did feel pretty good. So good I had to take a two-hour nap later in the day. And then I had kid reprieve for the night and much of Sunday. But I did miss them, and was happy when they got home from their grandparents on Sunday afternoon.

So, not much is happening. Big weekend here. Going to Charlie Trotter's and downtown Chicago overnight on Friday. Looking forward to the dining experience but not so much the food. I would rather go to Maggiano's and do a family-style dinner where I can just gorge full of pasta and bread. But, I guess Charlie Trotter's is an experience that if one should get to do, one should get to go. I'm sure I'll be blogging about how disgusting the foie de gros crap is, which is really force-fed duck liver. Gag. And people call this a delicacy?

Oh, and I've got another trip to Brazil scheduled. It is summer time after all!

8 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Devon said...

Oh, I LOVE foie gras! It's fat! yum, fat is always yummy! I do feel for the poor goose, though. :(

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

Uh, seriously keep us updated on the progress of this yoga class. It would have to literally MELT the fat away to make it worth it. :) Maybe it does!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger ACG said...

foie gras crap?
You ma'am, should not be allow to dine in such a wonderfully heavenly treat!
You should wait and taste such things before passing judgement.
And the poor geese? They get no worse and no better treatment than any other animal that is slaughter for our gastronomical enjoyment.
And there is a group of wackos trying to outlaw foi gras in the US?!?!
Well if foie gras is outlawed, only outlaws will have foie gras... and call me Jesse James!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I have had the foie gras stuff before, but just the thought grosses me out. I also don't think Charlie Trotter's is serving it any longer because he thinks its cruelty to animals or whatever. IMO, killing any animal, no matter how it's done is wrong if someone is going to put up a fight about how it's done. What's done is done, they're dead and we're fed. Ha, I am LOL at myself. Somebody's gotta! ACG--is it the goose liver that is eaten? I can't remember...yucky.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger ACG said...

I feel that it is perfectly fine for people to believe killing animals is wrong (and not just the cute ones that get all the press)... but those people should become vegitarian and also give up anything that causes an animal's death... like beautiful leather shoes and bags.
And since I'll give up leather shoes and bags when monkeys fly outta my butt... I'll stick to eating and wearing animals (including the cute fluffy ones).
And foie gras is the liver. mmmmmm organ meat.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Brazil?! Can I store away in your suitcase? Please?

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger ACG said...

If the Brazil comment was referring to what I think, I don't think its an outting you take your friends on *w*.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Brenda--ACG is right; you don't want to come to that type of Brazil! It involves wax!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home