Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Is that how you spell Darndest?

First, this a.m. Ajers was checking out his lunch box to see what I had made for him. I had inadvertently put a cocktail napkin in his lunch box -- one that had a drawing of a martini glass filled with a pink cosmo and garnished with a slice of lime. On the napkin, the phrase: CHEERS!

Had I seen it, I would have never put a napkin like that in his lunch to take to school.

Ajers asked Scott if he would replace the napkin for him with another. His comment to Scott: "This is inappropriate for me to take to school." A first-grader. Geeze.

And then, completely unrelated, but nonetheless, a cute curiousity from Diva. As we were sitting in my office together, she glanced over at some pictures of Scott and me. This must have reminded her that he and I were her parents and for the most part, in love, and this question sparked from her little mind:

"How come you never 'slobber kiss' with dad?"

Good question, Diva, good question. Have you ever heard of it called that? Gross.

8 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Nancy French said...

Hummm... the burning question is a good one, why don't you slobber kiss with him? :) time to rekindle the flame, sister!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger ACG said...

I hope when I get married I never stop slobber kissing :*
(my husband of course... not random strangers on the bus or anything)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

It's not that we DON'T slobber kiss, it just isn't something we do in front of the kids. He's very touchy-feely, especially in the kitchen and sadly, that irritates me while it should excite me. Just the pressures of the day, the kids, etc, and then to bet groped. I need to stop complaining and be thankful for the wonderful husband I have!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

No, I get what you're saying. I was just kidding. David does the same kitchen thing... not the most romantic place -- too much responsibility going on to have to also be sexy. :)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Devon said...

What is it with husbands and the kitchen? Mine does that, too! heh

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my husband always watches me take a shower.
~sabredtongue.com

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger ACG said...

kitchen nookie rocks... lots of cool stuff hanging around there *w*... especially that sprayer thingie in the sink!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Kitchen Nookie--LOL, sounds like a name for a cool band. That was funny, it reminded me of my last anniversary. We went out to dinner and the place was dead and the service was great so when we finished, we didn't want to go home because the kids would still be up, so, exciting life we lead, we went to the grocery store and did the shopping. Exciting, right? Well, once we got home, something sparked and we ended up on the kitchen table amidst the brown paper bags having some really good sex! That was definitely a nice shopping trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home