Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, May 27, 2005

Chicken Salad Thoughts

I had lunch by myself yesterday, took out my notebook and this is what I wrote:

Stephanie. Just thought I could make you smile cuz you seem so sad. Take it to the Limit. Paradise. Do you clap in a sandwhich shop? Clapclapclap. What do peole wonder about when they see me sitting here alone. Does the mom next to me with the bratty daughter think I don't have kids and I have no clue? Ha. I do have a clue but I guarantee you I would not put up with my child throwing turkey onto the floor. And then I wonder if she is related to the girl playing the guitar and singing? This might be a fun place to hang out and write. I don't know this song. Oh, yeah, I do. First cut is the deepest. I feel weird eating alone, like everyone is watching me chew, watching me pick out the celery in my chicklen salad. Now what is this song? Who will save your soul? She's good. DD would like her. Sandwich is done. Time for a wax.

5 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger The Dummy said...

Are you trying to pimp me out to the mom with the bratty daughter? :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The hot singer chick who was playing the guitar--she was gorgeous, and had a voice to match. How funny that I think I know you well enough to find dates for you! : ) I wouldn't wish that bratty kid on anyone! LOL

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger ACG said...

Not use to eating by yourself?

Funny... I am usually the social butterfly, but I savor the alone time. Dinners, movies, and my weekend get aways. The best vactions I have taken have been without anyone else in tow.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

Steph, I've never subjected myself to letting other people pick a girl; most of what I see among my friends comes to this criterion: is she breathing? Then great! She's a perfect match! - nooo way. :)

But I do have to admit one thing: I am a *SUCKER* for girls who play guitar and sing! Now if only they weren't so far away! :)

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First cut .. Sheryl Crow. Who will .. Jewel. I won't ask what kind of wax :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home