Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Hiatus

I'm thinking about taking one. I love this Blog, I think it's therapeutic for me, but it also takes up a ton of my time; time I could be thinking about learning to cook, time I could be sorting the damned socks on the living room couch; time I could be focusing more on the kids.

But, I don't want to stop. Like most of you, writing is in your blood, but right now, I don't even feel like working on the real writing, not that this isn't real writing, but I just don't know. I have to admit, it was a nice break not being a slave to the computer all weekend and all of today, and most of yesterday. I need to stop the surfing because, while entertaining, there are more important things in my life. I wish there was a way to balance it all, and how selfish of me to even be thinking this way, when there are people out there so totally dedicated they manage to work full-time jobs, raise a family, cook freaking dinners every night, have the laundry done, make love with their husbands, entertain their kids, volunteer at school, be a soccer mom... why can't I do it all?

So, this is just sort of a free-form post tonight, and already I feel much better tapping away at the keys, seeing the words come to life, thinking about what I want to write. Already I feel happier. So, why then is it that I want to quit? To focus on other things, or to just figure out a way to balance it all? Why, why, why? Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! Don't know why I just wrote that--must be a Brady thing.

My mind just completely went blank. I don't know what else to write.

Deep, thoughtful pause, where I sit here trying to think of something euphoric to write...

Damn. Still considering. Watching the curser taunt me. I promised
Christa, Writer Extraordinaire I would come up with ten pages of the new WIP by Friday. I'm not sure I can do it. I don't know where to start. But I guess, like this post, I didn't know where to start either, and here I keep going. That's what it's all about I guess, having the urge to want to do something so badly, that nothing, not even sleep, or family responsibilities, or laundry, or school volunteering, or sex, can come in the way. Is this a bad thing? I'm not sure. I think it may be. But, to be able to sit here and just do what I want to do most in the world, when nothing comes out, it just feels like wasted time, failing.

OK, done with that rant. Quick notes from my Girl's Weekend. It ROCKED! We went to a million and twelve places in the city, drank a million and twelve cocktails, ate a million and twelve things, and here's the long and short of it:

Where we slept

Where we drank

Where we drank some more and almost, thisclose, had a John Cusack run-in!



Where we ate and had some really good margaritas



Where we avoided the $10 cover charge and listened to pianos rival one another with White Snake and Bon Jovi songs--really, it was fun!

Where we made the mistake of going to the 12:30 a.m. show where really only freaks and really, really drunk people would attend

Souvenirs and photo opps.



Rockin' Popcorn!

Where we shopped; I could have cared less

Breakfast Salad

Suburban dining at its best!

Suburban cocktails at its best!



Cute waiter who also is lead singer and guitarist for this band!

Post weekend hangover food I thought I'd be able to keep down

What I finally ate on Monday morning

We didn't get to see the bean.

It was awesome, and it could have turned out disastrous, as my gal pals' plane was two hours delayed, we didn't get back to my house until 2 a.m. where I was then up until 4:30 a.m. because, OF COURSE, Tukey was sick in the middle of the night, and OF COURSE, wouldn't you know it--DOUBLE FREAKING EAR INFECTION! Thankfully, wonderful, supportive awesome husband took him to the doctor, got a mega antibiotic prescription for Tukey and took great care of the kids all weekend long. He even ventured to his parents overnight Saturday so we girls could have the house to ourselves--I swear, it was a sorority house here, not that I was ever a sorority girl, but, you get the picture. Speaking of pictures, I'll post a few here.

Okay, guess I don't want to quit this. It's just too much fun, and a whole helluva lot cheaper than therapy! Hope you all had a great weekend and that the weather by you is like it is here--Indian Summer in the '70s!

(And of course, as with any Girls' Weekend and photo shoot, there are the requisite cleavage shots but I can't post 'em.)

11 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

John Cusak is really a sweet guy. He's one of the nicer stars.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I'm glad you are going to stay. You're one of the cool kids!

Fat Guys Always eXpect Extra Pepperoni.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Erin-thanks, and love your word verification

Give Lauren Juice Ver... shit I can't do one this early.

Can anyone come up with one for:
GLJVIPE?

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your weeked sounds absoultely hilarious-i had one almost identical to yours over the summer! yet we avoided howl at the moon and went to clark and division.....cant say i remember much after that!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger tommy said...

Wow! check out all those hot mommas:-)

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Tommy! Where ya been? Did you go to N.O? Missed you over in Blog World! Hope you are well!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger cubmommy said...

Love your blog glad you are staying!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger J C said...

if you feel like you're becoming a "slave" to this - perhaps it IS time to take a break?

i dunno - i would prefer you not, but do what will make you happy

Good Bands Yell Hysterical, Derogatory, Mad Comments

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger her master said...

get love juice vitamins in potent extract (form)

or

green leaves jostle violets' inner peace effortlessly

citizens, the X-Files ... zzzzz ... no smoking!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

when i saw you might be quitting the blog i was sad.
glad you are staying.
blogging is therapy.
some of us need it to get by!
great pics by the by!

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOOOOO!!!

You seriously freaked me out over the hiatus thing...are you serious?

Princess' irritating rambling complicates courting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home