Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Changing Of The Guards

You've heard of that right? At Buckingham Palace, I think.

Well, today I had The Changing Of The Jeans.

Not fun. I hate this time of year; I love this time of year; I loathe this time of year; I welcome this time of year; I dread this time of year; It is here.

Put the t-shirts away, and the shorts and capris.
Sadness arrives like a denim pair
that no longer fits
even tho it has stretch fabric and
should give way
to the spreading thighs
of summer cookouts,
one-too-many margaritas
and the never-ending quest
for chocolate
during that time.

The jeans are here.

5 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger J C said...

haha....simply beautiful expression of the changing seasons

me? i kinda like fall - no, i love it

the air is crisper, the leaves are more beautiful, the holidays are approaching, and i always love wearing a really great pair of jeans

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger AGF said...

kudos! that was great!
in San Francisco, we're pretty much destined to pants year round... it's when I go on vacation that becomes so depressing.
Nothing like being stoked on a vacation, only to put on your sassy vacation outfit and look like a stuffed sausage.

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, tooooo true. I went shopping yesterday for (ugh) winter clothes. Didn't buy a thing. I don't care how much weight I gain or lose, I always look better in summer clothes and they're infinitely more comfortable.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Christa said...

Ha! I love this time of year... LOVE IT!!! I am wearing a sweater!!!! And my AC is OFF!!!!! YAY!!!!! Hey, did you get my email???

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger AGF said...

i am getting ready to go to santa barbara this weekend with scot (my fiance) and i am terrified of shoving myself into my sassy capris and tank tops... wish me luck!!! i will take pictures of the horror!!!

doctors create remedies, concoctions, narcotics, xrays

 

Post a Comment

<< Home