Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm Back

Here's a brief detail about our weekend: Today, Monday, I rose from the dead, ate Kentucky Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy for breakfast at 8:30 a.m. I've also inhaled a Little Debbie's brownie and four homemade (of course, not by me) chocolate chip cookies, and to rehydrate, I've had five diet 7-ups. I don't see a grandenonfatsugarfreevanillalatteezwhip in my future for a long, long while. That may just shred my stomach...

Pictures and a complete play-by-play of the weekend with my mom friends from Philly to come.

And, good news, I didn't hit any walls...

9 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real fun kids lick melons

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Christa said...

yes, but did you puke on any???

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Christa--that's for ME to know and for my husband to NEVER find out! LOL!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I read this and realized I'm hungry!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I hope you were a 'good girl' ;)

Have fun? That's all that matters!

Glad you are back!

Oooo! My verification says it all: 'atypo'! LOL!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger J C said...

KFC for breakfast - does life get any better??

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Had KFC for dinner too! The scale is going to be very nasty!

The ladies chew X; you got some really?

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger J C said...

i love KFC - i don't care if their chickens are genetically engineered or not

to do outside jumps, people kick nerds viciously

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger AGF said...

This totally reminds me of my night out this past Cinco De Mayo (yeah, I may be a white girl, but I whoop it up with a margarita in tow!!). Anyhow, my girlfriends and I emailed the next day to recap how we felt... the residuals of tequila and, well, more tequila...

"I am dying...

I awoke to a throbbing headache... a little mariachi band playing inside my skull *ARIBA, ARIBA!*... my mouth pasty and my tongue glued to the roof, I could barely swallow the aspirin pill I forgot to take before I passed out. I made it into the shower, in a huddled mass on the bottom of the bathtub, begging Scot for a cup of coffee. My bus ride to work is nothing but a hazy memory.
I remember saying good morning to the bus driver and then sitting at my desk wondering how I actually made it to my desk. Somehow, I hope, I will manage to be productive and alert thru the day...
Not possible as I concluded... So I was able (miraculously) to keep under the radar, mute for most of the morning and thanking Jesus that it is quiet. Now, staring at this computer screen, my eyes are red and spitting fire, melting my mascara and making them sting. My hands shaking at the keyboard, barely able to type out these words without having to hit the backspace button several times for each word. I feel incoherent answering the phone... my voice echoes in my ears and I feel like I am speaking in gibberish. Now, I count down each minute before I can get home, kick off my heels, which for the record do not coordinate with my outfit at all (but seemed very sassy this morning in my semi-drunken stupor), and crash into sleep. I really would love a big soda, an episode of Sex and the City and a foot rub in my favorite pj's.

It was a fantastic night!!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home