Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, July 22, 2005

Five Things You REALLY Want To Do:

I'll go first, and my list is longer than five, (and is in random order) but yours doesn't have to be:

1. Have more time to write each day.

2. Pay someone to do the laundry for me.

3. Have Starbucks start the "Starbucks Truck" so you can just go out your front door when you hear the music and buy your nonfatsugarfreevanillalattenowhipiced-in-summer, hot-in-winter without having to drive anywhere.

4. Get back on track with WW.

5.Have more time to sleep.

6. Have more time to read.

7. Never have a period again, but not have to go through menopause to get there.

8.Be able to rewind some parts of life to review them again (first meeting with hubby, first moments holding babies, ... this could turn out to be another whole post).

9. Get lots more music for my iPod.

10. Get a weekly (hell, I'd settle for monthly!) massage.

11. Get novel published.

12. Learn to cook really healthy, good foods and not get stressed out in the kitchen.

13. Cancel number 12... Instead, hire a personal chef to cook for me every single day.

14. Never have to be bothered with shaving hair from ANY part of my body, or plucking or trimming or anything.

15. Be able to eat anything without gaining weight or feeling crappy.

16. Have more time to dedicate to a workout program, do more yoga, continue to walk four miles a day (this week has been a bust).

17. Go on more beach vacations.

18. Appreciate it more when the kids just want me to snuggle and cuddle with them, because I'm realizing already that their desire is waning.

19. Be a better wife, mother, friend, sister, aunt, cousin, daughter, writer, cooker, sleeper, vacationer, exerciser... hell, I could have just made this one my one post.

20. OK, this will be the last one so I better make it good. Hmm... let's see... What is one thing I really want to do? One thing that will change my life, make me a better person, make others better for the good that I do... Hmmm... really, it's coming to me, it really is. I wonder if I should say something about God... the one thing I really want to do is... go get a "Gotta Love It" sized cake batter ice cream with caramel, hot fudge and brownies mixed into it from Cold Stone Creamery.

How about you? What do you want to do?

14 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Devon said...

mmmMMMM.. I really want a number 20 too! Damn you for giving me a craving!!!! heehee...

Hmm.. 5 things I really want to do:

1. Live in Italy the way you see it in books and on TV

2. Vacation at a B&B on Kona with just the husband so I could drink superb coffee and just relax and do NOTHING (well, maybe have sex at a time other than "when the kids are sleeping", heh)

3. Start my own business

4. Homeschool my children in waldorf style

5. Buy a great big house with 5 bedrooms and hardwood floors and a HUGE kitchen so I could cook in it comfortably (something I like to do!)

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Stay at the Ice Hotel in Sweden.
2. Spend over $50 for a purse.
3. Be able to show my bare arms in summer again.
4. Sing Karaoke.
5. Have my backyard professionally landscaped.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Melanie--I TOTALLY want to be able to do number three again--what a problem spot!

Devon--Like the way you think! Did you get any ice cream lately?

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger eatmisery said...

1. Retire to Europe, independently wealthy
2. Become a published writer
3. Be a SAHM
4. Have two more babies
5. Go back to Hawaii for a longer time

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him said...

some thins I really wanna do..

1. get a maid

2. be thinner

3.go on an african safari

4. stop child molsters and child killers before they can start.

5.live to see all 3 of my kids get married, have babies and see them with there grandbabies

yeah..thats good..:)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I want Christina's Number Five also! And Mandy XOXO, I LOVE reading what other people think! Thanks for posting and I hope you'll stop by more often! xo Stephanie aka Manic Mom

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Christa said...

devon... that's my bro your talking about. Hee hee...

here's mine:

1. Quit my job
2. Stay at home with the kid and write
3. Travel abroad twice a year
4. Have a friend or relative become someone famous, infamous or a politician, so I can say, "So-and-so is my (blank). Like preferably, Tyler Haynes, the greatest white basketball player since Byrd, is my SON. Or Chief of Staff Mackenzie Haynes is my daughter.
5. See my name on the big screen preceded by the words, "Based on the Novel by...."

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 5 are you crazy??? Why do you get 20 but only want 5 from us....hmmm

1) Ensure my children grow up to be wonderful adults that achieve their dreams.
2) well publish something...duh lol
3) Get to meet one of my list of 5 (celebrity men dh couldn't get upset over!)
4) Build our dream house
5) Travel, travel, and more travel

There are lots more, but there is my 5!

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this list! You walk four miles a week--you're my idol! The one about going back in time to those special moments would be great. I don't like how the memories are there but some seem to fade a bit. If I could go back and hold my babies again for the very first time, perhaps, my hormones wouldn't be trying to trick me "just one more time". Noo! Good thing, my husband is pretty set against a third. Because I so get the urges. Help me!:)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Devon said...

Marel, I third isn't so bad! I thought 2 kids was harder than 3, oddly enough!

I never did get my ice cream craving, maybe this week, amidst all the stress I will get some (Rachael is having foot issues and might need surgery *sigh*).

Christa- yes, I AM talking about your bro! We had three kids together, so you gotta know he's good at something!! LOL!!!!!

I love reading these lists.. it's fun!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

Cold Stone Creamery...yum!

I want a professional cook and a maid. Where are these people? And do they work for $3/hr??? The real question is "can I afford to pay someone $3/hr"?

So sad.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

sleeeeeep more.....

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Charity--OK, I'm waiting for your next 15... please list them here!

Marel--This is going to make me sound like an uber-snob-workout-diva-bimbo, which I AM NOT! But, I've actually been power walking 4 miles a day (when I get my a$$ out there and do it!)

And I agree with Devo--Three is not so bad, especially if you've been through the "Going from zero children to one" and "Going from one kid to two kid" stages... Three's a breeze, except for when the squirt is refusing to go to bed and is laying on the floor right this minute as I type!

Nance--You not sleeping much? Maybe it's cuz you're WRITING A BOOK OR TWO!!!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Jennie--you have a beautiful list! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home