Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Worse Than The First Two Months with a Newborn

No. Sleep. For. Me.
Must. Finish. Novel...
Must. Have. Frappy...

I am more tired than those early days of caring for a newborn, and my house is just as messy as it is when you bring home a newborn. There are dishes piling up, loads of laundry that are actually starting to make the hallway smell, toys and papers and markers and shoes strewn (don't you like that word?) all over the house.

My kids have been living off Cookie Crisp and Coco Puffs, and even the littlest one is resorting to foul language (see previous post). I haven't exercised since Saturday and I'm feeling the effect of it -- like all the energy has been sucked out of my body. But hopefully it's being transported into the pages of said novel.

I haven't had a normal conversation with Husband in... well, that's got nothing to do with trying to finish my novel... ha!

Anyway, I'm tying up the edges, and man, there certainly are a lot of edges that need to be tied.

5 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger tommy said...

Hang in there Girl:-)

That's the number one reason, I deliver them and then hand them off to someone else:-)

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey! I got a visit from Tommy, you really are my hero! You have probably one of the hardest jobs in the world, next to a mom, of course, ; )

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's going to be sooooo worth it. Hang in there. Have a double expresso. The finish line is within sight. Youre going to make it great.

Dennis

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing--Hang in there. When you're ready, start doing little to do lists. When you finish your novel, that is an accomplishment--so feel good about it. I love when I finish a book--things suffer for me too--but, at least, I finished a book out of the many that I've bought and haven't even touched. Take care.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Christa said...

I agree... you are so close, and it is good!!!! I want to read more of it, if you are still willing to share! Keep your eyes on the target!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home