Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, June 06, 2005

Tukey Still Down and Out

The little guy is still sick -- but what a good little sick boy he is. He comes into my room in the middle of the night: "Mom, I gotta fro up." I take him into the bathroom and he demands I turn on the light. He heaves a few times, gags a couple more, retches once or twice, then puts his head onto the toilet rim for a few seconds.

"I'm all done." And gets up and goes back into his bed. If only his father could behave this well when he is sick!

Another time in the early hours of the morning when it was still dark out, I thought I heard someone in the hallway (the sensitive sixth sense of a mother) and went out to see who was up. It was Tukey.

"Do you have to throw up again?" I asked, being the sincere, sensitive, patient, sympathetic, kind, understanding mother that I pretend to be.

"No," he said, "I'm just frowing away the kleenex I used."

Am I raising him to be a little Felix? That's the clean one right? Not Oscar.

So we've been hanging out today and it reminds me of the days when they were filled with nothing but PJs, PBS, PB&Js, naptime, diapers and sippy cups. Believe it or not, I became a little nostalgic. We even had fun with me simulating Elmos' high-pitched voice and demonstrating a little episode of "Elmo's World" where Elmo is the pretend doctor and he's checking out Tukey. Then Elmo decided to eat Tukey's fingernails and toenails. My throat still hurts from raising my voice into that obnoxious pitch of a sound, but it was quite entertaining for the both of us; Okay, for all three of us cuz I know Elmo was having fun. Icouldn't get the little read furry guy to stop laughing.

I even read Go Dog. Go! in funny dog voices. My favorite page is the one where it is night, and night is time for sleep, except there's that one little dog with his eyes wide open that just can't settle himself into slumber. The other fun page is the nightime dog party on a boat (page 33--Now it is night. Three dogs at a party on a boat at night.) I told Tukey a story about me and a boyfriend "having a party" on a boat at night a long time ago. He asked, "Was it daddy?" I said No. So, every time we get to that page, he says, "You went on da boat at night wit da boyfriend but it wasn't daddy!" I said, "Be sure to share that with daddy next time he's reading Go Dog. Go! to you.

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out my blog..."your it"

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...and I am sry your baby is sick...seems to be the topic of the day!

My kids are better at being sick than DH is as well. He is always the biggest baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home