Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Update to Crap-Rant

It's a little more than two hours since my previous post, and I wanted to update a couple things.

I failed to mention that at a size 12, I am five-foot-nine, not five-foot-two, so I've got the height thing going in the height vs. weight debate. A 12 is good for me. Of course, I wouldn't balk at being a 10, but there's no possible way I could ever be a single-digit size and not look anorexic.

Now that I cleared that up, I just got back from yoga, and was able to sort of clear my mind, at least for that hour. Currently, I'm slamming a grandenonfatsugarfreevanillalattewithwhip and munching on three Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, and then I'm putting it into high gear in the writing-the-novel-department.

I'm feeling better, and I didn't even have to hit my stash of Xanax tonight. I think I'll have a couple more cookies. It's better to just get rid of them, right?

3 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am 5'8" and it amazes me how caught up in numbers people are. When I was in the army, and would have be be weighed, I had to get taped everytime. I weighed 145 and the army said that was too much. My body fat was under the limit though so it was ok. But it goes to show that when you are tall, it isn't about the pound count. At 145 I looked like I needed a few big macs!! So now my goal is also based on pant sizes. Before I became pregnant with baby #2 I was able to get down to a 11/12 and I was never happier.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger ShellBug526 said...

I am 5'12" (yes, that is 6', but 5'12" just sounds better). I understand all these issues. I would never tell anyone what I weighed, cause it was sooo much more than my friends who were all at least 4 or 5 inches shorter than me. When I left my first husband, I got down to a size 7/8 and was sickeningly skinny, my mom was positive I was heaving in the bathroom (I could never do that, I hate being sick). Now I am back up to my tight 11/12, comfy 13/14.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Here's to all you tall beauties!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home