Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, October 24, 2005

Hate Or Love

I'll either hate or love Christa as she's becoming my Satan-Writing-Mentor, where I am selling my soul to her in order to write this next novel. I told her today I would write 3,000 words. I only made it to 2,088... But I did sneak in an In Her Shoes viewing, which was incredible, wonderful, emotional, sad, funny, uplifting! And even though I probably wouldn't pick Cameron Diaz for a BF, I do think she is an amazing actress, and any guy would love this movie, if only for the shots of her incredible bod.

So, Christa--how many did you write?

Saw my idol Jennifer Weiner Sunday, and while this was my third time meeting her at book signings, I was admittedly a little bummed she didn't jump out of her seat like she did last time, and hug me, telling the whole audience I was the girl who had been stalking her since day one. Nope, none of that recognition initially. However, her memory was refreshed when I showed her the pic of the two of us in Philly last year, and she remembered my obnoxious email address from all the fan letters I had written her. She asked how my writing was going, and signed my book To My Former Philly Girl, so I guess that's good.



And then I had a Yahoo Chick Lit writer blind date. I'm on this Yahoo Writer's Group whose focus is on writing the Chick Lit humor genre. I met up with the fabulous and beautiful Tricia Garner, editor and writer for Sporting News.We had a great time expressing our infatuation with Jennifer Weiner to anyone who would look our way. And then we met up with Francesca and Gretchen, two great girls, who just happen to be best friends and JW fans as well. We four were front-row center in the packed book store, grinning and nudging each other, and laughing at the funny things JW said. And rolling our eyes when someone would ask a stupid question or a question that if they were a true JW fan, they would have certainly already known by reading her blog, Snarkspot. Duh. If you're not a fan, don't come pretend to be one.

Afterward, the four of us went to Hugo's Frog Bar where we snacked on mini-filet mignon sandwiches with bernaise, bruschetta, and wine, reminiscing about the book signing event. And really, only a true fan would appreciate the experience we had with JW, and I'm glad I got to spend the day with these fun new girls, and share some wine and laughs with them! Shout out to you all! And Gretchen--get writing!

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Christa said...

JW looks NOT AT ALL like I thought she might. HMMMmmmm.

Fat Tigers Get Googled Kegs

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

YIKES! That's a great pic. I wish I could've taken it!!

You will be able to paper your walls with your pics of you and JW.

NJ

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him said...

wow, looks like an awsome time..love the pic too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home