Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, October 24, 2005

Ajers

My first-born is going to be eight-freaking-years old this week. Cannot believe it.

So this a.m. I actually wake up before Ajers, do the treadmill, take a shower. Then Ajers comes into my room and I say, "Let me look at you."

"What?" he says.

"I just want to look at you so I remember what you looked like when you were seven."

"Mom, I'm still going to look the same, I'll just be a different age."

"You sure?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's not like when you turn 13 and you get all those little red things all over your face."

10 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Erin said...

LMAO! How insightful!

(Now if all those 'red things' are supposed to happen when you are 13, WHY, oh WHY, dear Lord do I have one on my face right now!!! 13 was years ago!! LOL!)

Age Gains Years Zeal Health Like New.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger cubmommy said...

LOL so smart! I agree with Erin why do I have those red things on my face and I am 33!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Out of the mouths of babes....

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger J C said...

my little niece will be 1 in about a month

it's difficult to believe

and yea, i've been 13 for a loooong time now, apparently

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your baby is turning into quite the little man!

volumptuous urban babes prefer walking kittens

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger AGF said...

okay, so like for the past 5 months of my engagement I have been having anxiety attacks... totally freaked out by the idea of marriage, the responsibility, the changeof my role in the world, the loss of my "single-girl-in-the-city" identity. When I got engaged, I felt (and still feel at times) lost. This is all probably more than I should share....
BUT when I read your entries, it really fills me with big smiles and calms my nerves... yep, this is what I hope for... a home life with children, a home, a husband, focus on the things and people I love.

just wanted to say thanks...

ex-gf/tess

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger momma of 2 said...

ah..he's a smart one!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

From the mouths of babes!
Have you read Anna McGinty lately?

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Why yes, Christa, I am. See right up there, that's me, flipping you off! And you know why? For making me do NaNoWriMo... LOL

Zebra Orgies Just Really Rock!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Blueprincesa said...

haha, kids are so funny. That's why I love them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home