Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween

Could there by anything worse than being eight-years-old and sick on the couch on Halloween? Poor Ajers is not well, with a cough, fever, all that. And he didn't go to school today, probably the one day all kids WANT to attend for there is a parade, and party, and cupcakes and treats and games. I did promise him in the middle of the night while he was hacking away that no matter how sick he felt, even if I had to pull him in a wagon, I would let him Trick Or Treat at some houses. I've also thought about asking any kid who comes to our door to give one piece of their candy to Ajers and then they could take two of ours. Think they'll go for it? Probably, but they'd most likely give up the crap candy for two of the good things I bought...

Which is all chocolate this year.

I never buy the chocolate stuff. I always buy the Willy Wonka, or Skittles or Sweet Tarts, fruity chewy candies, never the chocolate. Am I torturing myself? Did I do this on purpose?

Here's my oath to you and I'm hoping you all will keep me on track, but I am promising that I will not eat a piece of candy at all today. (Of course, a large cheese pizza might just happen to slide my way, but there will be no candy consumption!)

What are you and/or your kids going as, and how do you celebrate the Ghouliest Day of the Year?

Happy Halloween!

4 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Christa said...

we are going trick-or-treating in my mom and dad's neighborhood where everyone is rich and they give out the good sh*t. And we are making spider cookies and witches brew. (better known as melted chocolate (white/milk and butterscotch/milk) with those crunchy chinese noodles. the witches brew is just rainbow sherbet and sprite which we are combining with an ice cube made from a latex glove that you fill up with water and freeze and it looks like a floaty hand. I will be starting, officially, NANO tonight so I will check to see if youare on... it will be about 9 pm my time. Hope to see you tearing your hair out over NANOing with me.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger cubmommy said...

Sorry to hear your little one is sick. We have all had the flu here. I hope he gets to go trick or treating tonight!

We had our trick or treating on Saturday at the Lincoln Park Zoo. Big Cubby went as Woody from Toy Story and Little Cubby was a lion.

We live in an apartment building and we are the only ones that have small children. We don't trick or treat in our neighborhood and nobody comes here because you have to be buzzed in. We hope to move to the suburbs next year so we hope to have a nice neighborhood to trick or treat in.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

We went to Society Hill -- didn't see JW this year!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger AGF said...

How did teh candy swap go?? I hope it went well. Did he dress up anyway? :)
Scot and I got ZERO trick or treaters, so we can send all our candy to Ajers in the mail.... :) We have waaaaay too much and Scot has no self-control.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home