Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Control & Perspective.

I feel like I'm finally gaining some of both.

This week, I went back to Weight Watchers, and I haven't been since July, so it was desperate measures for this desperate bon-bon-eating housewife! I was scared to get on that scale, but I knew if I kept away, the scale would become a dangerous weapon in my home, because the next time I would stand on it, I would become so frustrated and angry I would throw it out the window, possibly maiming an innocent dog-walker or skateboarder on the sidewalk. So, by going to Weight Watchers, I have probably saved a couple lives. I am considered a "Lifetimer" -- sounds much like a prison sentence huh? But this means I have reached my goal weight previously, maintained it for the required six weeks. Even if you reach Lifetime and gain back everything and more, you are still considered a Lifetimer as long as you go each week and pay the dues if you are over the goal weight.

I knew I was over my goal, and I knew it was higher than I wanted it to be, than it should be. So, I went knowing I would be paying the dues. I didn't care, because I need to get myself back into control. I was expecting 'the number' to be about four pounds higher than it actually was, so I was very happy I decided to go back when I did. As it is now, I am 8 - 10 pounds above my goal weight, but I'm getting back on track, so hopefully, I can lose it.

And, I'm still running/walking and it feels really great in this weather, and to have my ipod shuffle blaring stuff like Blue Monday, Dave Matthews, Fix You, Mamma Mia, Everybody Dance Now, Pump Up The Jam, U2 -- you know, stuff to get you really moving.

I've also been in (what Christa and I are calling) a Writing Frenzy, where we are racing against each other, and time, to create words that will turn into a novel. We are going to do the National November Writers' Month aka NaNoWriMo contest, in which the participants have one month to write a 50,000-word novel. (Note to Dating Dummy and ICG--this would be the perfect time to write your best-selling novel about Love Bloggin' Style!)

So far, I've got almost 20,000 words of Undoing It done, but I'm not too sure where it's going. It sure is bringing up a lot of past memories though, as it's a story about the Me who was Then compared to the Me who is Now. Although, it is fiction, kind of. Well, you read the Lemon thing right? That was fiction, but hey, it woud have been fun to be real! I seriously cannot think of a lemon in the usual -ade or garnish-on-a-cocktail sense ever again in my life after what I have written about that glorious fruit!

Hubby and I are going out tonight, but I promise there will be nothing crazy I will have to blog about later on. Tame, nice dinner out, with neighbors. Right? Right. With my new "control and perspective" motto, I've got to be good. At least until it goes right out the window next week when we go see our most favorite local band in the entire world! Anyone wanna take a guess?

10 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poi Dog?

And I know this refers to a different post, but wouldn't lemons sting?

Not that you would know! ;)

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Okay, thanks for ruining the game for ANYONE else who might want to play, but yes, YOU ARE CORRECT! Any chance you want to venture into the 'burbs for a little jam session?

And yes, the lemons 'would' sting, and interestingly enough, that's something that happens in the scene, but it's one I did not post, so let me know if you wanna read it friendly and I'll send it over!

Would love for you and Deej to come out--we have a guest room! Rock on!

Word Verification: Just poi until x-cited elders v... Oh hell, I give up on this one! Too hard--anyone got one for JPUXEVJI?

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, SORRY. I was just excited that I knew the answer!

When and where? Where we saw them "back in the day"? That was like 1996!!

Whoa.

RMFIY: Remembering much fun in youth!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

You are looking so skinny from your photos!!!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Nancy, she is way skinny, and way hot, too!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger J C said...

is "weight watchers" simply that - watching your weight??

as opposed to watching your body - fat percentage, muscle percentage, etc.

cause a person could theoretically be over a "target weight" but still be in really good shape, could't they??

eh, what do i know - here's to your success with both control & perspective

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon the interruption...but I was reading your blog and I saw that last Sunday you ate at Hugo's Frog Bar. I, too, ate there last Sunday in downtown Chicago...it was about 2 pm and starting to rain, we were outside because the inside wasn't opening till 3 pm. I am from Dallas so I don't know how many of those are in Chicago but if you were downtown, well that's just a big co-ink-ee-dink!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey guys--
Anna--I did WW after I had Tukey and lost *ahem* nearly 60 lbs. I have kept most of it off, but those pounds that are creeping on are scaring me.

Nancy and David Yoga--thanks you guys! I read these comments this a.m. and it motivated me to go out and run. It was a much-needed smack in the butt!

Icecrmqween--What were you doing in CHicago!?!? Yes, there is a Hugo's Frog Bar there, obviously, but I was in the 'burbs last Sunday--would have been crazy if we were sitting next to each other at the same one--did you get frog legs? Eww gross.

Word Verification:
Only Fat Hussies Invited Ugly Kids.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

I'd love to write that book, but that averages to about a 125 page book in one month! If I only had the time... so unfortunately it's going to have to wait!

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dairy convention, of course!!! We were at the Frog Bar on Rush Street (stayed at the Hard Rock). I passed on the frogs legs...just had steamed broccoli and spinach - gotta even it out since I eat so much ICE CREAM!!! I bought an iPod Nano at the Apple store on Michigan Ave. that same day and I LOVE that thing!!! Keep up the walking...if you don't when you turn 45, it'll be curtains!

Good luck with your novels!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home