Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Date Night

It's almost 2:00 a.m. and I just got home from one of the BEST dates in my life, and yes, it was with my husband! This is something we just don't do enough!

We started out by being smart, although I didn't think it was necessary, he ordered a taxi to take us to dinner. (Yes, I know, it should have been a limo!--LOL)

We went to the downtown area where we live, and I would tell you but maybe the Manic Haters would find out and come try to kill me--Another LOL, I'm on a roll, or a buzz, or whatever!

So, we go for a before-dinner drink and I have an AWESOME caramel apple SKYY vodka martini and get a nice buzz right away because, gee, I forgot to eat today, except for some granola and yogurt at 10:00 a.m. and then my VENTICAFFEVANILLAFRAPLIGHTWITHATINYBITOFWHIP and the pink and yellow seasonal smiling face cookie I had for lunch. So, happy buzz, and then we head to dinner at Catch 35--terrific atmosphere, great food, and even fun conversations with our server, the couple next to us (who, it turns out, knows a couple of our neighbors!).

We had a GREAT bottle of wine, called... hmmm... let me think... it was a Chardonnay, and called Kenner or something like that... it's fermented in a SILVER bin, rather than an oak thingy, so there's not that woodsy aftertaste, but a glass does cost freaking $14... but hey, we splurged cuz Mom was babysitting so that saved us about $50 right there. Anyway, this is what we ate:

Shared: mozzarella and beefsteak tomato salad.
Crab bisque
Awesome sourdough bread
Crabcake appetizer...

Then, instead of an entree, I got Schezwan scallops that ROCKED, and it was an appetizer, and I also got another order of the crabcake appetizer with extra roumelade sauce. Completely ROCKED!

Didn't do dessert, but went to Club Two-Nine and had a STARBUCKS EXPRESSO martini, and we saw these two guys that were so gay, but nice looking and they bought us Cherry Bomb Shots--which are Red Bull and Cherry Vodka shots----so good, except now that I think about it, they actually taste like cherry Tylenol or Nyquil. So, the gay guys bought us shots--probably cuz they thought Hubby was cute.

Next up, we were totally on the verge of going home... UNTIL...

We go to the bar where I did that terrible thing with the twenty-three year old (ALMOST) way back in Feb (go to archives in Feb for the dirt)... and we get to that bar, and I tell Hubby--"This is right where I was hanging on that kid!" No biggie, we are totally together and honest with one another and I love him completely for it.

So, we go to Club Mama LuLu's where they're playing '70s and '80s music. These are the songs I request and the songs they played:

Dancing Queen
Groove Is In The Heart
INXS something or the other
BoDean--Closer to Free
New Order--Bizarre Love Triangle AND Blue Monday
Love Shack--B52s
They also played Like A Prayer by Madonna, circa 1988 (Shar and Sue and Sandi remember it well, and there's even a video out there somewhere!)

It rocked and we were dancing all night. Fortunately for me, I stopped drinking except for a few sips of Hub's beer.

THEN--
I see this girl who looks familiar so I'm like, "Hey, is your name Maria Crixxx?" She looks at me like I'm a freak. I say, "We went to high school together--D.G. North" and tell her my maiden name. Still Blank look but she fakes it like she remembers me, but I remember more than she does. (I must have done fewer drugs in high school!)

So whatever, no biggie, but I had told Hubby we would see someone we knew out tonight.

THEN... all of a sudden, the whole place is calling Hubby Frank the Tank from Old School. See, for some reason, Hubby resembles WILL FERREL and that completely cracks me up, but grocery store clerks even ask him if he gets mistaken for Will Ferrel. One time even, one of Hubby's employees' wives met him and she said, "YOU'RE RIGHT HONEY, HE'S TOTALLY WILL FERREL!"

There's like all these cute girls we're hanging out with and their hubbies and EVERYONE in the bar is like, "Your husband is so Will Ferrel." I think they wanted him to streak. Then they're all yelling, "Frank the Tank, Frank the Tank!" Like chanting, and that makes me laugh because I know hubby, and yeah, he's fun, and he's funny, but Will Ferrel... Hmmm. I don't think so!

Then, I'm dancing with a couple fun girls who are also moms and out for a good time, and I see THE GAY GUYS FROM THE PREVIOUS BAR! Turns out these GAY GUYS are POLICE OFFICERS (one is a seargent!) and they are the HETEROSEXUAL HUSBANDS of the girls who I am hanging out with.

So, I tell them, "Oh My God, we saw them at the other bar and Hubby (aka Will Ferrel at this point) and I totally thought THEY WERE GAY!" I even told the one wife that her husband wearing the pink striped shirt was the girl gay guy, and the other guy in the black and white embroidered white trim shirt was the man gay guy!

They cracked up!

We had an absolute blast!

I love being able to go out with my husband, and have fun with him, and watch HIM having fun and clowning around, but thank God, not streaking down the streets!

What a great date night, and even better, Will Ferrel's already passed out so now I can sneak upstairs and not have to worry about saying, "Sorry honey, I have a headache!" (Which maybe wouldn't quite be all that off-base!)

16 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger eatmisery said...

My husband doesn't streak. He does worse. He breakdances at weddings.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Eta Smirey (like your new name?) I would LOVE to see your hub breakdancing! Yours can breakdance while mine does the Electric Slide. You and I can hang at the open bar and laugh at the fools.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

That sounds so fun.... But where are the pictures?

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Devon said...

Ahh! Sounds like you guys had a BLAST! I can't wait to have a date with my husband.. at 12bucks an hour, it is a rare thing. *sigh*

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Devon said...

OK.. I pay a BABYSITTER 12 bucks an hour.. I don't have to pay my husband to date me! lol!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

LOL Devo--I knew what you meant! In fact we partied it all up last night since I had free babysitting--my mother!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Devon--sorry I called you DEVO on my last comment!

CHristina, getting your comment just reminded me of a flashback from last night--we were dancing to KISS by Prince... you don't have to be rich to be my girl....

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Christa said...

I think that's funny that your hubby gets a Will Ferrel association. Mine gets ALL THE TIME that he looks like Adam Sandler. From strangers and friends alike.... people in Spain with the company were like, Your husband looks like that actor..?" and I'm like, "Adam Sandler." And they're like, "Yeah!!!!" Take a look at the pics on my site. It's even stranger sometimes in person because he also has Adam Sandler like mannerisms. And potty mouth.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Christa--I've seen pics of your hub, I think he is totally, totally cute--my style kinda guy. Can you imagine Will and Adam hanging out and the kind of mess they could all get into? Throw in eatmisery's breakdancing hubby and I think we've got a new comedy on our hands!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger eyes_only4him said...

lol...funny...i miss all the good stuff..

love that song too..:)

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great night. Will Ferrell has been cracking me up on the interviews since his last move--Bewitched--he is so funny. My husband gets comments about how he looks like Alex Rodriguez from the Yankees. Since we are in New York and while he is out doing his job, people yell out to him "A Rod!" It feeds his ego sufficiently.:)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Marel--it's totally an ego trip for Scott--he loves the attention! I can see how guys can get into being 'mistaken' for someone famous.

BTW, did I ever tell you I love your name--is that your full name, and how is it pronounced? Mar like Bar or Mar like Mary?

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Devon said...

Devon--sorry I called you DEVO on my last comment!**

That's ok!! I used to have this keychain with my name in blocks on it. Rachael ATE the "n" in my name. Then I lost my wallet with the keychain attached to it in Target. I had to go to the front desk and ask if a wallet had been turned in with a "devo" keychain! I was soooo embarrassed. heehee

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so need to come for a visit!! There are not many places to go out around here that is not packed with girls you wanna strangle and men old enough to be my dad trying to pick them up.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger tommy said...

What! no after date sex???? what a bummer:-(

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Tommy--pre-date blow job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home