Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, February 04, 2005

The SAHM's Menu of Services

For those of you who are not familiar with the term, SAHM, it means Stay-At-Home-Mom. In discussing our duties as SAHMs, a friend and I came up with the SAHM's Menu of Services.

Ideally, there are only four things to be responsible for:
Laundry
Dinner
Keeping Living Quarters Liveable
Sex

I've recently told my husband I can only do so much and two out of the four items on the list are the most I can do a day. But keep in mind these four items are not the ONLY things I do. Factor in driving kids to school, playdates, doctor's, gymnastics, basketball, cheering, grocery shopping, Target shopping, Starbucks visits, blogging, googling, writing articles, writing my novel, editing for the e-newsletter I'm working for now, wiping butts, doling out snacks, putting on DVDs, answering phone calls, making phone calls (which are a very rare occurence these days, as many friends can attest to!), making lunches, picking up toys (refer back to Keeping Living Quarters Liveable), putting Target items away... as you can see, the list goes on and on and on...

So, in a yet-another-attempt to organize and structure my chaotic life (working moms, please forgive me, and know that I could NEVER do what you do... you are my IDOLS!), I've come up with the TwoFer plan in which two items of the four are accomplished each day.

Boy, I'm so glad I'm not going to have to cook or do laundry ANY MORE!

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

Y'know, Dooce (http://www.dooce.com/about.html) has a different interpretation. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home