Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Richard. And Then Something Else

Rather than two posts, I am combining two completely non-related items of discussion.

Number one: I am mad at him. We are in a fight, but he does not know it.

Number two: I recalled that today is another special anniversary for me. (Check out the post on July 29 for another one)...

Twenty-two years ago TODAY, in the bathroom at The Academy of the Holy Names All Girls Catholic School, Tampa, Florida, (IN NINTH FREAKING GRADE, which was horrible back then to have had to wait so long, but looking back, I had a few good untainted years more than my sisters in the hood.)...I rejoiced in menstruating for the first time. I had finally become a woman! I was going to be worldly, sophisticated, knowledgable of all secrets womanlike.

I was going to get pissy and crampy and moody and bitchy. Not necessarily in that order, but yes, each and every one of those emotions would surface, all within a period (PUN INTENDED!) of one week. For each and every GD month of the rest of my menstruating lifetime.

And today, to commemorate the twenty-second anniversary of the day I first bled into womanhood, what happens?

I bleed. Therefore I am.

Hahahahahahahahahahaah.

8 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. You are too funny to remember. I remember the month of June but not sure how old I was. :) Which by the way, I'm going through the bitchy time too! :) And, still . . . that sucks! :)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I'm not mad at him anymore. And why didn't anyone ask what RICHARD meant when hub's name is Scott?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Christa said...

I do not recall the exact date of "deflowering" or "first menses". I know the month and the year on the first one, but I have absolutely no recollection of my first period. Seriously. You're a real headcase, MM. :)

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh my lord. I have no idea when I had my first ".". I can tell you I was a mere child (only 8!!!). I look at my 7 year old son and am so glad he's a boy. I couldn't imagine having to tell a little girl his age all about the lovelies of womanhood. Ugh. LOL

Uh yeah, and who is Richard? Not that it's any of my business.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Yay! Gloss--YOU ASKED!!! Richard is DICK! And Hubby was being "A Richard" that night!!! Get it!?!?!?! Hahahahahahaahah! Glad you asked!

And EIGHT? Man, that is sooo young!

Christa--your pic is not on the comments.

Everyone, thanks for sharing your period sagas with me! LOL

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Does one say "Congratulations" on the occaision of the first menses?

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Yoga Kurunta--All I know is my family has always been very open in talking about things so when I got my period the first time, I proudly shared the news with my father.

His reply: "Great, now there are two bitches in the house!" LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home