Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Manic Mom Meets Super Mom!

What do you get when you cross a Swiffer broom with an ordinary mom and a nasty bathroom stain?

You get...

Super Mom!

You know I love reading, I love blogging, I love being a mom, I love writing and I love other writers. Well, now I love Super Mom too! I've been known to stalk a few authors and have had the ultimate pleasure of having an author contact me about my blog. Melanie Lynne Hauser emailed me about a month or so ago and so we started chatting. Turns out she lives about 15 minutes away from me, and so we emailed for a while then decided to 'meet.'

Meeting a potential new friend from the Internet is just as scary probably as meeting a potential new boyfriend from the Internet. You hope you like each other, you hope you're wearing the right thing, you hope you don't fall all over yourself gushing about how glad you found each other online. Right? Right.

Well, Melanie has just had her first book published: Confessions Of Super Mom... and please note, it's not Confessions of A Super Mom because there is only one Super Mom. It's like you wouldn't read a book called Confessions of A Spider Man or Confessions of A Batman. It's simply one Super Hero.

One amazing, powerful, womanly Super Hero who yields a Swiffer as her choice of weapon.

And I got to meet her creator!

Of course, our meeting place had to be somewhere public, as you never know what kind of quirky people are out there (Me, not her!).

Of course, where do you think Manic Mom meets Super Mom? Hmmm... I see a sequel there where the two are in cahoots together--Super Mom trying to get Manic Mom off the depressants and nonfatsugarfreevanillalattes... which, brings me, of course, to the meeting place:

Starbucks.

Where else do you think Melanie and I would meet?

And of course, Manic Mom is late for this meeting, because of a few reasons: I couldn't find my Xanax, and I couldn't figure out what to wear for this meeting of the minds!

I get there late, and walk into Starbucks. Maybe I planned it that way. Maybe I subconsciously wanted to be late so I wouldn't have to sit there and wonder if I was getting stood up?

I was late. It was rude of me. But I'm not Super Mom. I'm Manic Mom, and lateness is one of my traits. Good or bad, that's who I is.

I scan the room and see, in the corner, a very cute woman, an author of a real live book (!) waiting for me. Waiting for me and wearing...

the SAME, EXACT GAP SHIRT I WAS WEARING! (Of course, we women, having the utmost sense of fashion, had worn colors to complement our skin tones. Melanie, being blond, had on a robin egg color. Me, being Manic, wore black. Just kidding, mine was a pomegrante color. Heh, I don't know what a pomegrante color is either... no, mine was more of a, what's that fruit...Oh yeah... Papaya. That's the color I was wearing. OK, I think it was orange.

So, we met, we talked about writing, and coffee, and hairstyles and children. We had SO many similarities besides our cute, albeit last year's style, Gap shirts!
We were both women!
We both write! (Although she's got a book out that is bound to be a best seller and someday a Disney movie which I hope to be cast in, just as an extra, please Mel!)
We are both moms!
We have both had martinis from Hugo's in Naperville and nursed hangovers from said martinis!

The similarities were endless. Destiny, I say, pure Destiny!

We found out we had both lived in the very exact same town of Langhorne, Pennsylvania (Home of Sesame Place, if you're looking for a fun family summer destination!) at points in our lives and had even BIRTHED some of our children in the very same hospital. How weird it is to think Super Mom's creator and I could have labored in the EXACT same bed? That quite possibly, the L&D nurse (named Barney of all names) who was there for both my birthing experiences in that hospital, had first touched Melanie's children, had given them their APGAR test, and then, years later, quite possibly had touched my children on the day they were born as well!!?!?

It was Destiny in the finest sense!

And now, Manic Mom and the Creator of Super Mom shall become BFF and I will be there to cheer her on at her book signing at Anderson's in Naperville, where we may even partake in dual martinis afterward to celebrate our kinship!

If you're going to be around on Thursday, and want to join in on this crazed womanhood bonding, I'm sure that after the signing, the bartender can shake up a few extra martinis for you as well!

Way to go, Super Mom! A Hero for All Of Us Super Women!

Now, Get on out there and Fight Grime!

4 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too fun, Steph! It was so freaky/coincidental, wasn't it, all the things we had in common? Thanks so much for these wonderful words, and I can't wait until Thursday. And one of these days we need to have a "book discussion" at Hugo's!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I'm looking forward to Thurs too but might be late--what time does Anderson's start again? 7? I've got that "parenting thing" at 7:30 but may try to just sneak in and out.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

For a moment, I thought you were going to write about the time you met me...

NJ

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

LOL Nancy--that meeting will be a chapter in my memoir!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home