Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, August 19, 2005

Ugh.

New Capri Jeans, a bearable size, not on sale:
$48

Bust-worthy top:
$12

Target shoes to match bust-worthy top, (Of course they're Target!):
$14.99

Husband staying with kids instead of babysitter:
$0

First round of drinks, which included my caramel appletini with cherry, two Coronas, and a Canadian Club and Diet:
$25 with tip

Three appetizers, two more rounds of drinks, which included my Blue Moon beer with extra oranges:
$49

Tip:
$10

Next round of drinks at Hugo's (yep, Melanie--that Hugo's, and those Key Lime Martinis):
$27

Next round of drinks at Hugo's which we thought we found "sponsors" for but ended up having to pay ourselves:
$42

Ditching so-called sponsors because they didn't pay for our drinks: PRICELESS...

But there's more...

Another round of appletinis at Peanuts bar where we had to listen to some guy with who had his own six-pack with him tell us about his dead fiance, and then his dead wife (couldn't keep his story straight):
An hour of our time wasted, and another $30.

Going back to the original bar where we ditched the sponsors, telling them we left because our other friend, "Heidi" got sick, and then drinking more:
$$ Who the hell knows at this point?

Staying for last call on a Thursday night (now Friday a.m.) and leaving the bar, and S finding money on the curb:
$14

Listening to friend S have conversation with drunk Tara Reid look-a-like who is wearing a 'top' that looks like two fuschia scarves going from her shoulders and tied down at her waist, completely open and breast-baring, sporting a freshly bleeding knee says: "I need a bandaid."

S: "Honey, I think you could use a bra too."

Then almost getting into a catfight with the drunk, bleeding Tara Reid look-a-like, and smuggily knowing we could kick her ass:
Priceless.

Not accepting the ride from the first taxi driver cuz he was smoking: $0

Burritos, chips, and a huge Diet Coke purchased after we made our taxi driver search for something open at 1:30 a.m. on a Friday:
$18

Having cell ring at 1:30 a.m. and hearing concerned husband on the other end wondering where I am:
Sweet.

Getting home safely, and without throwing up in the taxi:
$35 (I know, I know, but I was drunk and home alive, and not puking, and the taxi guy deserved a good tip--hell, $35 is waaaay cheaper than a DUI, dontcha think?)

Having a fabulous time with girlfriends who have known each other for over half their lives on a Thursday night:
Absolutely, positively priceless!

I can't remember the last time I've been this hungover on a Friday.

8 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger eatmisery said...

You better take a nap, Manic. Or have some of the hair of the dog that bit you.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I'm on my way out for a large Mickey D fries and a supersize vanilla milkshake. If that doesn't do it, I'm bed-bound for the rest of the day! Whooo, I'm getting too old for this!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

Whoah. For a mamma, you sure know how to party.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got home safe and sound. You deserve to have a good time. Yay for husband staying home with the kids and calling. Sweet! :)

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger tommy said...

You go girl!!!, party on and stay safe. Did Hubby get a pre-outing BJ?....just joking...and of course I wouldn't mind reading part of your MS where the OB action takes place. Just let me know and I give you my EM addy:-)

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Tommy--no pre-nothing for Hubby on Thursday night. But, let me just mention we ARE going out tonight, and you DO know what happened pre-date last time... this time though, he scored bigger!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

T--email me at henhowz@comcast.net and then I'll send you the ms!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Nancy French said...

Whoa... And here I am making wrapping paper out of typing paper for a 4 year old's birthday party...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home