Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, August 12, 2005

Thinking On My Toes

So my Tukey was sick yesterday--he kept complaining that he didn't feel well and I just thought he was looking for attention until yesterday evening when the kids were outside, Diva comes running in:

Diva: "Luke just threw up in the yard!"

I run out there, and yes, Tukey is puking in the yard, and then the stud finishes, gets his little almost-four-year-old body back up on the skateboard and continues to play.

He's fine, I think. Just a little upset tummy.

Eleven p.m.: I'm on the computer. Hubby is jamming to my iPod tunes in the office. I hear Tukey crying in his bed. The minute I open his door, I smell it. Vomit. Yes, he puked all over his bed in his sleep and it's all over his hair and his pillow (which is now in the garbage can) and his bedsheets and comforter.

So, Hubby and I clean it up and I suggest Tukey sleeps in our bed and Hubby goes into the guest room in case Tuke needs me in the middle of the night (and also to avoid S-E-X, because I'm just not in the mood).

I had the best night sleep!

Then today, it's family day, hubby takes off work, and we're thinking of something fun to do with the family. Tuke is still crabby so we decide just to do a quick Target run and then go to the grocery store. Of course, the kids had to get blue slushies at Target, and of course, Tuke starts feeling ill at Dominick's and says "I have to frow up, I have to frow up!" And he starts running around looking for a place to puke.

I grab the plastic produce bag and put it in front of his face. Worked like a charm. It feels good to be a mom who can think on her toes! And I know the guy working in produce was happy about it too!

10 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him said...

oh my goodness..poor kid:(

last saturday same thing ahppen to me..on the way to the sceince museum my oldest says he has to puke..I quickly throw back a plastic bag that I had left in my van..fo "just in case"..lol

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, momma. You sound like you took it all in stride. Good for you. Hope your little one feels better soon.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger momma of 2 said...

Oh that poor kid... I hope he is feeling better soon! Thanks for visiting my blog

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger eatmisery said...

What made Tukey so sick? Was it something he ate?

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL wasn't it you earlier that posted about the bags you keep in the car just for these occasions?

I hope he is feeling better!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Poor baby. But, aren't sick kids good for something? LOL ;)

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Nancy French said...

y u c k

At least you didn't get a latte poured over your head.

NJ, who's at 50,000 words!

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, poor little guy! Quick thinking, though!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Devon said...

Hey! Nice spam in your comments section! How's the little guy today? I sure hope he's feeling better. It's amazing how kids puke and then just go on as if nothing as happened. heh.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Devon--didn't even know there was SPAM in there! Thanks for pointing it out to me! Steph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home