Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's Not A Date!

So, school has started for the Diva and Ajers and we're kind of getting into a routine; the routine being Diva and I sleep as late as possible, while Ajers gets up at like 6 a.m, puts his clothes on, brushes his teeth, and--ACK!--uses some Axe deodorant (is it really possible for a SECOND GRADER to have such horrible B.O?). After Diva's alarm clock buzzes at 7 a.m. for fifteen full minutes before either she or I hear it, Ajers comes up and nicely wakes us up because HE CAN HEAR IT ALL THE WAY DOWNSTAIRS yet Diva and I are slumbering away in La-La Land. Thank God one of us is an early bird!

Of course, Tukey is still asleep then. He doesn't start preschool till next week so I've promised him some special time, as the third child usually gets left in the dust, and man, that poor kid is covered in dust!

So, yesterday just he and I went to the zoo. On the car ride there, he tells me, "You know, I'm not a baby anymore."

I know, I know. And it's breaking my heart. And also breaking my heart that he'll be FOUR on Friday. But then he reassures me that he will still be my baby sometimes. Good!

We go to the zoo and have a really nice time with each other, and I like to joke with him that 'we're on a date' which makes him really, really mad.

Today, we ran some errands and met friends for lunch but even before we got out of the garage, he informs me:

"Remember, this is not a date. We are not on a date."

"What do you do on a date?" I ask.

"THIS IS NOT A DATE!"

"I know, I know; You've made that very clear. But... what do people do when they ARE on a date?"

"You smushy kiss."

5 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Cute! ;)

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you enjoy your nano date at the zoo? We went to Brookfield last week and it was fun-but where did the reptile house go? I wonder....and I dont like snakes!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

We hit the reptile house yesterday and watched a slimy snake for a while--it seemed like it could actually see us and when I moved my fingers, it followed! And that poisonous blue frog thing is soooo beautiful. They moved that section somewhere else in the zoo. Gives you an excuse to go back! With Joel perhaps?

We liked the penguins--there was one that seemed totally trained and it was showing off in the water for us, kind of like a dolphin or seal would, then it crapped green in the water and Tukey and I cracked up!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

That was a cute story. Now howbout some zoo pics, you smushy kisser you!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger eatmisery said...

Yep, that's what you do when you go on a date.

Quit freaking out your kid, Manic Mom! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home