Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Saturday, January 22, 2005

But I've Never Even Been to Brazil!!!

Yep, you guessed it. A Brazilian. Too much information? Stop reading now. It gets worse.

It's been a long time since I've gotten out by myself, and I scheduled a massage and a little 'cleaning up' if you will. A bikini and eyebrow wax, to be exact. Well, the nice waxer woman was a little stilted in the English language and when she was explaining my options while demanding I take my jeans off, I kind of just shook my head up and down, like I knew what I was doing, and said, "OK." After all, I scheduled what I wanted with someone on the phone earlier that week, someone who spoke and understood English, so surely, the receptionist had passed the info on that I wanted the basic wax.

Rio de Janero, anyone? Ouch. And I'm too afraid to look, and equally embarrassed to reveal to my husband my fifty-five-dollar-not-including-a-fifteen-percent-tip oopsie! Yet, I'll share this with anyone who cares to peruse the 'net. It's a sick, sick world.

Now I know how a Perdue chicken must feel as it is being prepped and plucked for distribution.

3 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Christa said...

Ahhhh... Thanks for the "laugh so hard I cried". That is truly hilarious. I've pondered a bikini wax, and you've just given me one more reason to stick to the ol' razor method. >>>> I'm still laughing.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Alan said...

i can only imagine the pain you must have endured...
ouch..lol..what women would go through for the sake of beauty.

if you want to feel lighter when you step on a scale, a nurse told me this, stand on the scale with your bum sticking out, the scale reads a few pounds lighter.

or weigh yourself on a boat, yes you heard me, a boat. it weigh you a stone lighter. The reason i know this, when i sign up to go on a helicopter ride, they weigh me and i was suprised i had lost 1 stone, but back in the hotel i weigh myself again, i found i didn't loose 1 stone at all.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Alan, did you have gall stones? Ha, just kidding! We go by pounds here, but lately, I'm feeling like a ton!

Yep, we women are suckers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home