Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Monday, January 10, 2005

What's That Smell?

So, every now and then, in the boy's room, we smell something that smells like rubber burning. It's sporadic and has been happening for about two weeks. I thought maybe there was an electrical prob, or the vent from the dryer was doing something funky.

Scott and I agreed the next time we smelled it, we would call the non-emergency fire department.

This morning, the "non-emergency fire department" dispatcher sends out two full-sized fire trucks, lights a-flashing, and about eight firefighters all geared up.

Three of the men came up to the room, and one immediately said, "Yep, I smell it. Smells like rubber burning."

I was thrilled that I hadn't overreacted and they did smell something. After a couple of questions, and a quick overview of the room, one firefighter exclaims, "I found it!"

Inside the lamp, a plastic suction-cup dart was melting to the lightbulb.

I felt like such an idiot, but at least the smell's gone. They're going to love me in this neighborhood.

3 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger AGK said...

LOL! And you wonder...what if you have a real fire?

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Thanks Mumma and AGK! Hearing from you make my day!!! Hope things are well in your blogs! Steph

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Christa said...

Brings new meaning to 'better safe than sorry', huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home