Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Not Much To Say

Okay, this may start to feel like an obligation, and then it's going to get boring, and then I'll stop. There's really nothing interesting to say today, so I don't even know why I'm writing or what I'm going to tell you about. I could make something up just for shits and giggles. Nope, nothing is coming to mind, maybe then I should just freewrite until something from my inner conciousness explodes onto the screen, and yes, I realize I spelled consciousness wrong the first time. I just wanted to make sure you were paying attention.

I am chewing gum right now like a cow chews its cud. What the hell is cud anyway? I feel like a cow right about now. I have to get my act together. We're over 1/24 into the new year and what am I doing with myself? I'm not exercising; I'm eating crap; I'm not writing as I should be. I am however, chewing gum like a damned cow. Not so inspiring.

I'm looking for a magical word. A word like WRITE or INSPIRE or WISDOM or IMAGINE or ... any ideas? I want to buy those big letters and hang a special word on my wall in my office so I can look at it every day and this particular word will make me want to write. DREAM? BELIEVE? Fuck. Nah, that one won't work.

SO, in the world of mommyhood of a seven-year-old who has a friend with older siblings (whereas he is getting some interesting information from this knowledgable friend), Ajer Bajer and I had this conversation the other night:

"Mom, what's gay?"
Me (thinking I had a really, really good answer): It's when a boy loves a boy.
AJ: "Well, I love dad. Does this mean I'm gay?"
Me: "No, you have to have a really good sense of style and a knack for cleanliness." Ha, not really, that's not what I said. I told him it's like instead of wanting to marry a girl, you'd want to marry a boy.

Seemed to satiate him for a while. Should I worry? Not really, even though he loves to listen to Enrique Iglasias... haha, just another joke. MY SON IS NOT GAY... Not that there's anything wrong with it.

I am just trying to instill a sense of communication with my children.

See, I told you I didn't have much to say. Are you asleep at your computer yet? Brussel Sprouts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home