Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Red Door

So, we're home from vaca, and there's the usual catching up to do -- laundry, emails, etc. Actually, the kids are playing rather nicely, and it's quiet. Then, comes the fashion show. Apparently, my two little boys are enjoying dressing as girls and come down to display their sister's dresses, which they are both wearing. Ajers models a lovely cotton pink and white tank dress and gives me a big smooch asking if I notice anything?

He's wearing lipstick. Should I be scared?

There are a few more clothing changes, a photo shoot, which perhaps I will torture them and post a couple pictures. Tukey does look adorable in Diva's pink tulle ballerina outfit, and he does a couple pirouts (however you spell it) for me.

I sniff. Not because he is so adorable that I cry. It's because I smell something.

"Are you wearing perfume?" I ask him.

Proudly: "Yep."

Me: "Boys don't wear perfume, only girls."

Tuke (defiantly): "Nuh-uh, boys could weah it too."

I sniff again. It's my mom's Red Door scent, the kind she left behind for Diva. He smells like a whorehouse. At least what I imagine a whorehouse would smell like, as I've actually never been inside one.

Me: "My God, how much did you put on!?!?"

Tukey's reply: "Plenty."

No kidding.

11 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger eatmisery said...

Welcome back! How was vacation? Where did you go?

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey Eat! Hardly a vaca--went to Ohio to visit relatives. But it was actually fun to see everyone. Nothing really exciting to blog about though! LOL! Hope you've been good and enjoyed the long weekend!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

Keep the pictures! And use it to blackmail them in the future. ;)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

By the way, that 'subtle' hint of perfume reminds me of my roommate and his 'tendencies' - Does he have to swim in all that cologne?!! (not Cool Roommate though; this one is the Unblogged About Weird Roommate).

*shakes head*

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

DD--I already told Ajers that he can expect these photos to be on display during his wedding! Great blackmailing stuff!

And ever since I was preg with Ajers, I have never been able to wear perfume--headaches!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

your roommate and his "tendencies?" WHAT?

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger eyes_only4him said...

how funny..my son use to like to put my lipstick on when he was litte..maybe we should bloth be worried..lol...glad you had a good vaction

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Nance--the roommate comment was from Dating Dummy, not me! My roommate has no tendencies! Ha! Steph

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

I know! Dating Dummy needs to spill the beans!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

lol, he's just Weird. Someday, I'll blog about him when I think he's too far out there.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Haha! OMG, too freakin' funny!

The other night kiddo said, completely out of the blue, "It takes a real man to wear pink." If you knew my husband... I look at hubby and asked if he'd fully heard what kiddo said. I repeated it and stated he needed to spend more time with his child. LOL

To kiddo I asked, "Uh, who told you that?" He said, "Gramma" (hubby's mom)... then he said, "No, it was JA" (hubby's sister). Ack! LOL

For the record, my husband would never wear pink; I personally don't care though I don't think many straight men can pull it off. And for the record, my father in law would also not be caught dead wearing pink. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home