Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Stupid Craft Idea #39

If you're ever looking to score some quiet time and give your children something creative to do, DO NOT DO WHAT I JUST DID.

Luke enjoys playing with the shaving cream in the shower (who doesn't?) and was quite annoyed to learn that I was not inviting him to bathe with me this a.m. whereas he would not be squirting shaving cream onto the walls, drawing little circles and hearts on his tile canvas and then rubbing it all together until it dripped nicely down into the drain.

So, to appease my darling son, I came up with a fabulous idea!

I invited Luke into the kitchen where I retrieved a couple bowls, a platter, the turkey baster and a basting brush. I squirted a huge amount of shaving cream onto the platter, and into the bowls, plopped Luke in front of it all, pulled up his sleeves, and then I walked away, thinking, "Great, this will give me at least ten minutes of solitude."

Bad, bad idea.

There is such thing as "too much of a good thing" and I just spent the last half-hour cleaning up the "too much of a good thing" and now the little squirt actually DOES need to bathe, and he's going to get to play with the shaving cream in the tub, which, in case you're wondering, is the only place it should be allowed in your house, lest you desire your kitchen cabinets and floor be painted with it.

Just another day in the life of Manic Mom.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Randy said...

Hey, Steph--I've got my blog comments coming into my email account now, so I wrote this nice, long note to you last night, hit reply--and it came bouncing back :( Then, ISP problems hounded me for a couple of hours until I gave up doing anything on the internet; writing this from work. My email address is: randyjean@earthlink.net Let's "chat" sometime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home