Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Confessional Tuesday

Well, I have spent all day thinking of something really juicy, intriguing, mind-blowing to share on this here, the second-ever Confessional Tuesday ever, and I got nuthin'.

I am a boring person with no secrets.

I'm trying to dig down really deep to come up with some good smut I haven't already shared with you guys. But, I've already told you how my younger brother (then five) caught me and the boyfriend in a compromising situation; I already told you when and where I lost my virginity; I already spill my guts every time I "spill my guts." I share my "fictional" accounted excerpts of stuff; I tell you every time I have a fantastic dream about an ex-boyfriend.

I am an open book who pores her soul out to all who will listen. (Oh, and by the way, that pour / pore thing always gets me in print. I think it should be "pour" as in "spill" but is it really "pore" as in... okay, no, now I am really confused -- I think it's:

She will pour her soul... pore her soul... fuck it... I empty my soul out to all who will listen.

Having said all that, I've decided to host a little True or False on Confessional Tuesday.

Which of the following are TRUE; Which are FALSE?

1. My brother nicknamed me Whale-Bone-Whaler when we were younger, deriving it from the ever-popular fish sandwich at Burger King.

2. I've never had sex in a swimming pool.

3. None of my children weighed over eight pounds.

4. Only three boyfriends ever told me they loved me.

5. Two of them were saying it just to get somewhere.

6. I must use two separate knives for the peanut butter and the jelly.

7. I'll eat any vegetable as long as it has butter or cheese on it.

8. I once suffered from anorexia.

9. I have worn glasses / contacts since I was 13.

10. My teeth are as straight as they were when the permanent ones arrived.

11. I spend way too much money at the cosmetic counter.

12. I have never done chemically-created illegal drugs.

13. The first boy I ever French kissed was named Carter Ganada.

14. I still own the shirt I was wearing the night I met Hubby.

15. I hate cranberry juice.

16. I have thrown up on a plane, ship, car and bus all within a 24-hour period.

17. My first job out of college was as an editor for a small newspaper.

18. I have never been on a blind date.

19. I can count on two hands the number of... well, you know.

20. I used to collect mirrors until I got tired of looking at myself.

21. The first time I got my hair highlighted, I was 30.

22. I have been arrested one time.

23. If given the choice, I would spend the whole day at one of the following places:
Beach
Barnes & Noble
Bed

24. I used to want to be an artist.

25. I used to want to be a dentist.

See, how boring is this? Eleven of them are false.

11 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I'd never told my mom about my blog, either! You're braver than I,with those confessions. I felt itchy admitting I'd had sufficient sex to get pregnant.

Where's the important stuff? What's your Nanowrimo word count? Aren't you a fellow sufferer?

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Erin said...

OK 'S.C.' I'll bite:
False:
1 (I can't see that being true)

2 (I don't believe it....)

3 (Only because both mine did. 8 lobs 12 oz and 11 lbs 3 oz.)

8 (I don't think you've ever mentioned it, and I think you would have.)

9 (Because I'm jealous of you if you didn't have to start wearing them until then!)

11 (You spend 'too much' at Starbuks ;) )

13 (Didn't think you were using real names)

20 (Dunno why, but this doesn't seem like you)

21 (I bet it was sooner. My first time was 16, before I even ... well, you know! LOL!)

24 (You wanted to be a writer.)

25 (See 24)


OK, so how did I do?????

S. c. Often Excites Xylophone Fanatics Xeroxing Nipples!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger tommy said...

You and you Hubby should have an open marriage:-) That way you'll have tons of juicy stuff to tell us.

OBTW...I'm backkkkkkkk

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Tommy's Back! Back Again! Tell a Friend!
So glad to see you're back!

Erin--you did pretty good--6 of the ones you guessed are correct.

Everybody like my new name? I'm going into the witness protection program on Blogger!

Good Kids Talk Ordinarily Raunchy During Yoga

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger AGF said...

Hi Manic. :)

I can't believe it- these are soooooo real. Some have me on the floor laughing, others having me sadly nodding in understanding/ "I've been there".

My favorite and one I lived thru: 16. I have thrown up on a plane, ship, car and bus all within a 24-hour period.

More info, please!!! : 22. I have been arrested one time.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Joel--you got 11 WRONG, which at first I thought was bad, but that means you got 14 right, right? (I suck at math).

I can't believe you thought I was anorexic!

There's no way I hang out at the make-up counter--puh-lease. It takes me about 16 minutes to get completely ready including shower, hair and minimal make-up.

And mixing PB and Jelly, or Butter in the jelly, or getting toast crumbs in the Country Crock totally, utterly, completely grosses me out. I always wipe down the lids and jars of everything after I use them.

How Women Meet Queers: Yell "Loser, Giva Kiss!"

And I mean absolutely no disrespect to my gay readers.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Regarding the, "I can't believe you thought I was anorexic" comment, I meant 'at one point in my life.' It's obvious I'm not, nor have ever, suffered from it.

Come Jump Over A Maple Pizza

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger AGF said...

omigod. i thought they were real... i am such a dope!!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I'm with Anna on that one.

Forget Greedy Mom-- You Give Papa Wood.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

LOL this is hysterical! I must adopt Confessional Tuesday! But it needs a more catchy name over on my blog..thinking here.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

nope didn't think of a name...Confessional Tuesday lol...love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home