Manic Mom's Mental Myriads

Stop by and have a laugh from Manic Mom's Mental Myriads on Motherhood, and some other stuff too, but mostly motherhood, wifehood, thoughts on writing, etc. No politics will be discussed here or geography, and I will not be solving any mathematical equations. Just some BS on whatever I feel like blogging on...

Friday, December 03, 2004

Swiffing The Night Away

I just got through swiffing the kitchen hardwood floor and wonder what is the plural of swiff? I have swiffed the floor?
have swuft the floor?
swift/swuft/have swifted/have swuft?
Hmmm... anyway, my friend Lisa turned me onto the Swiffer. At first, I was skeptical, but she was having so much fun. She looked like Ginger Rogers dancing away in the living room with a broomstick Fred Astaire, singing all the way in the rain (Lisa's very fond of AMC the American Movie Channel and the oldies).
Anyway, this is not a dig toward Lisa, but I know she's not a big fan of household chores, and who can blame her? Who enjoys these menial tasks? But when I saw her swiffing away, I said to myself, "Hmmm... that looks like too much fun."
Then, I tried it. And I called Lisa immediately.
"I have succumbed to the Swiffer."
"Don't you love it?"
"Love it! I'm a Swiffer Addict!"
"Told you so."
Just don't tell Scott I'm enjoying this household duty gig of cleaning the kitchen floors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home